Unable to add EA 2FA code as it claims to be unsupported

netniV
netniV
Community Member

When I attempt to turn on my EA 2FA, I am unable to scan the QR code as it says it is unsupported. This occurs when I use my iOS, Mac or Windows PC all using the latest versions.

I've tried photographing or saving an image and using that but nothing works.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Unable to add EA 2FA code as it is unsupported

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@netniV: 1Password supports the TOTP standard, so it should not work with anything that doesn't adhere to that. However, I was able to setup EA/Origin to use 1Password as the authenticator, though I did run into a couple speed bumps:

• Necessary to explicitly select the "authenticator app" option
    • The QR code they're presenting is to download their app, not to generate the code
    • Necessary to manually type the text TOTP secret into 1Password because their website prevented me from copying it to paste there

Let me know if that helps.

• kpomarece2
    kpomarece2
    Community Member

Hi, I'm having the same issues. I reached that point and 1password is generating codes but then when i go to verify EA says to enter a valid code

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@kpomarece2: There are two components to TOTP -- time and a secret which combine to generate the code -- and therefore two things that can go wrong:

• You've got an invalid TOTP secret you're trying to use to generate the code
    • You've got incorrect time/date/zone settings on the device, which is resulting in you getting the wrong code at the wrong time

EA/Origin should have given you a secret similar to bjmg n5xx ikfn rtxf. If what you've saved looks completely different, there's a good chance it's simply invalid. Or you may just have the time on your device far enough off that it's generating an invalid code for you.

This discussion has been closed.