I can't sign in to 1Password on my iPhone because my master password on my iMac is invalid

Options
helliscyn3
helliscyn3
Community Member
edited August 2019 in iOS

cannot sign in on my iPhone because my master password does not work on it

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I cannot sign in the 1password on my iPhone because my master password that I have on my iMac is inv

Comments

• helliscyn3
    helliscyn3
    Community Member
    Options

help me put my account on my iPhone

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:I cannot sign in the 1password on my iPhone because my master password that I have on my iMac is inv

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi there @helliscyn3,

I've merged your two related posts into one. Now, let's see what we can do to get you up and running with 1Password on your iPhone!

The most common cause of Master Password discrepancies between devices is having multiple separate vaults. For example, you might have a standalone vault on your Mac, the Master Password of which you are using there, and be trying to sign in to a 1Password account on your iPhone. If you have an account with us and see a Primary vault in 1Password on your iMac, that's probably the culprit; you might want to finish migrating to a 1Password account if what I've described sounds like your issue.

Otherwise, you could be typing the Master Password incorrectly for one of many reasons. Our Forgot Master Password guide here has helpful tips to help you get your Master Password entered correctly in the 1Password app.

Let me know how those suggestions help and I'll be here for more for you. We can also take this conversation to email, grab some under-the-hood diagnostics from 1Password on your devices, and see if that lets us identify the culprit. :)

Cheers,
    Henry

This discussion has been closed.