1Password v7.3.5 running on iPhone6sPlus running iOS v12.4.0
1) This bug shows itself across several Tags.
2) The iPhone has already been powrt-cycled: bug persists
(fix typo; sorry)
2) ... power-cycled ...
@kenkk: Thanks for getting in touch! Just to make sure we're on the same page, can you describe what the bug is that you're referring to, and the steps to reproduce it? Also, it would help to know what data format you're using: AgileKeychain, OPVault, iCloud, or a 1Password membership account. And can you give me some background on when you started having the problem, and any changes you made around that time? That may help us narrow it down. Thanks in advance!
1) The bug is described by the thread title: "Multiple entries not visible in Tags view but visible in Categories view"
2) There isn't any specific sequence of steps needed to reproduce the bug. Just look inside the Tags view, and browse the various tag-folders.
3) Data format: opvault
4) I only noticed the bug today, in the morning. It may have been buggy some time earlier, but I don't know. I haven't made any out-of-the-ordinary changes to the iOS 1Password app, other than the usual accesses to search or browse for an old entry, or create a new one.
Thank you for the additional information. To be clear: the gap we can see in the screenshot you posted, between the "E" and "G" items, is the problem you're reporting? That wasn't a result of editing the screenshot?
If that is the case I'd like to get a bug filed with our development team. To assist in that I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iOS device:
Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to [email protected].
With your email please include:
That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.
You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly.
@kenkk: While I don't really have enough information to know if this is the case, do you maybe have a / at the beginning of the tags that are not showing up? Sorry for missing your point earlier. I'd thought you'd redacted the listed items in that screenshot as well. A picture is worth a thousand words, but that can sometimes be a needle in a haystack problem.
1) Re. "To be clear: the gap we can see in the screenshot you posted, between the "E" and "G" items, is the problem you're reporting? That wasn't a result of editing the screenshot?": <--- That gap is precisely the problem. There should be five entries visible there in the gap. That gap is NOT a result of editing the screenshot.
2) Re. "...do you maybe have a / at the beginning of the tags that are not showing up? ...": <--- The tag in the screencap is just "Education"; no unusual characters. However, this same some-entries-not-visible problem afflicts my other tags as well, seemingly randomly making some entries not visible in the Tags view, even though the same entries are visible in the Categories view, and also visible when searching from the Tags view. So, yes, while I'm relieved (knock on wood) that the entries are still intact, I had a genuine moment of panic when I first saw the gaps in the Tags view.
3) I'll work on sending the diagnostic reports soon.
4) Thank you for the responsive replies. Not an easy job.
@kenkk: Likewise, thanks for getting back to me! It sounds like you're experiencing something different then. I just wanted to double check that to avoid going down the wrong path. I'm really sorry for the panic. I'd feel the same way. At least now we know what is not the issue, and I'm sure we can get to the bottom of it. Looking forward to the diagnostics, as this is a curious case.
Hi Ben and brenty,
The iOS Diagnostics Report has been created and emailed according to your instructions.
@kenkk: Thanks! I'm not seeing anything in the inbox from this address though. If you can let us know the Support ID you receive, we can track it down and take a look.
Nevermind! Someone else found your message first and let me know. We'll take a look and continue the conversation via email.
@brenty: I'm glad you've found it via your colleague. Nice.
Now I'm starting to wonder: Am I seemingly the only one with this bug? This is going to make it difficult to replicate the bug at your end, without which fixing the bug would be impossible ...
@kenkk: I have to say that I personally have never seen this before, but the diagnostic report will help us a lot. We will get back to you over there as soon as possible so we can take a closer look at this.
Step 1) Create three test entries, and tag them with "AAA-tag".
Step 2) Create a fourth test entry and tag this with "AAA-tag/BBB-tag", and then browse the "AAA-tag" in Tags view.
Result: only one of the first three test entries is visible. The sub-tag "BBB-tag" is still visible; as is the one test entry inside this sub-tag.
Step 3) Entirely remove the tag from the fourth test entry, all three test entries inside the "AAA-tag" are visible again.
Thanks again, especially for updating the thread in case others run into a similar issue.