No access to 2FA. I can only access my alternate email right now. Tech support not responding

votoxinx
votoxinx
Community Member

I have been beta testing Android Q. I've currently had to reset my phone now for the second time and I lost access to 2-FA, I never meant to turn it on for 1Password. I have all my login information, I can prove it's me, but tech support doesn't see to want to respond to an email that's not in their system or something.

I'm hoping I can catch one of supports eyes here since there is no phone number for support.

1Password Version: 7.0.5-beta1
Extension Version: Passwordx
OS Version: Android 10 (Q), Chromebook Acer (currrent use)
Sync Type: 1Password App

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @votoxinx! Welcome to the forum!

If you were in contact with tech support already, can you please share your ticket number here so we can locate your conversation in the system?

• votoxinx
    votoxinx
    Community Member

I contacted support through the my.1password.com site through the form submission, no one has replied as I was trying to explain above. and no one has responded to that submission. As I said I can't access my google access that I use to login at the moment. I put in my normal email, but in the description I wrote my secondary email to contact me at so I could start the process but no one will reply.

• votoxinx
    votoxinx
    Community Member

my Pixel 2 XL has been reset and I'm currently using my chromebook but again I don't have access to 2FA, only all my login info.

• peri
    edited August 2019

Hi @votoxinx. When you email us, you will instantly receive an automatic reply from our BitBot. It contains a few helpful links as well as your support ID. This support ID helps us keep track of your email. This is what ag_ana was asking for.

That said, I was able to find your email, and I see that Daniel replied to you early this morning. Please check your spam folder and any other folders in your mailbox, as his reply may have been filtered out.

• votoxinx
    votoxinx
    Community Member

I checked my spam folder, I have a tab open right now in my email. Did Daniel email the 1password account email or did he email the one I'm currently having to use? I know how the process usually works, as I said this is the second time I had to do it. I need a response to the email I put in my description, not the email I sign in to 1password with.

• votoxinx
    votoxinx
    Community Member
    edited August 2019

I can post them both here if you like, at this point I don't really care if someone sees, 1password is the recovery in case something like this happens for me.

• @votoxinx Daniel replied to the email you sent, so it's the one you used when you emailed us, and also the same one you're registered here on the forum with. Is that the one you're checking?

• votoxinx
    votoxinx
    Community Member

No I do not have access to that account due to 1) resetting my phone and 2) not having my password to my gmail.

I posted a secondary email in the description on the form I wrote about my issue with 2FA.

• @votoxinx Please reach out to support@1password.com from the email address you do have access to. We can't verify your identity as the account owner unless we receive an email from you.

• votoxinx
    votoxinx
    Community Member

I just sent the request to the support email. I referenced this form, Daniel, you (perl), the fact that you found my account, and asked me to email from the account I do have. I hope this is enough to get a response and help solve my issue.

• votoxinx
    votoxinx
    Community Member

I can't even sign into my chromebook right now, I'm having to use it as a guest. It kinda sucks being locked out of your life.

• votoxinx
    votoxinx
    Community Member

I got the bot letter.

• votoxinx
    votoxinx
    Community Member

It's been 2 hours. Does anyone know what the wait time is? It's been 2 hours since bitbot replied to me. I put my real email IN the subject line.

• Thanks! I see your email. Someone on our security team will reach out to you as soon as possible. In the meantime, if you have ever signed in from a browser with 2FA, you can sign in from that browser (as it's already authorized), and disable 2FA from there if you need to. Let us know if you're able to do so! ref: YVY-11555-714

This discussion has been closed.