will resetting ONLY delete vaults on the computer we are resetting?

maesr
maesr
Community Member

two team members accidentally shared a log in. now the second team member has their own login and i need to log their computer out of the old one and into the new one. i know i can delete entire install on their computer and reinstall with their new login, but could i just reset 1password on their computer? i want to be sure that resetting will not do anything to the other team member who will still be using that login. just want to be SURE that resetting will only delete passwords on the computer we are resetting and not online.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:reset 1password on a mac for a new team member. will resetting ONLY delete vaults on the computer we are resetting?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@maesr: Thanks for getting in touch! I'm sorry for the confusion. Just to make sure we're on the same page, if you're resetting the 1Password app on a device, that only affects the local data. So if you've got the same data on other devices and/or in a 1Password account, that will not be affected. Based on your description, that sounds like a good plan. I will say however that it's important to consider that the wrong person had access to information in the first place, so it may be best to change passwords for affected accounts, etc., just to be on the safe side. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.