1PW 6 can't find my vault anymore

Options
MHMertens
MHMertens
Community Member

1PW 6.8.9 on macOS ElCapitan 10.11.6 (during the time of this investigation upgraded to 10.13.6).
1P in use for some years
AgileBits Store version.

When I start 1PW it now treats me like a new user and tells me to look for either .agilekeychain or .opvault. Neither exist anywhere.

In [https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/97581/weird-upgrade-experience-cant-find-other-vault] I find that I should instead look for ~/Library/Application Support/1Password 4/Data/OnePassword.sqlite
This does exist, but has a a creation date much later than the time it last worked, the file has also only 4,096 bytes.

Which version is true, advice from 1PW or from support forum?

I have plenty of .1p4_zip backup file but how do I use them correctly?
More importantly, why and how has 1 P "lost" its database?

Thanks for your help in advance

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.4 in Safari
OS Version: 10.11.6/10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1PW 6 can't find my vault anymore

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @MHMertens

I'm really sorry to hear about the trouble. Is it possible that at some point you were using the Mac App Store version of 1Password and then switched to the download direct from our site? In v6 the two downloads used separate spots to store their data, so switching from one to the other could cause the symptoms you're describing. In any event, to help you get back up and running, it would help to get a look 'under the hood.' To facilitate that I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/106379/1pw-6-cant-find-my-vault-anymore#latest
    • Your forum username: MHMertens

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• MHMertens
    MHMertens
    Community Member
    Options

[#SDK-24893-366]

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the report @MHMertens. I'll review it and get back to you via email.

Ben

ref: SDK-24893-366

This discussion has been closed.