To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Purchase 1Password Family subscription through Apple App Store

Options
squashedpotato
squashedpotato
Community Member

Hello, is there anyway to purchase a family subscription through the Apple app store? I only see the option to pick an individual plan. I would like to handle the subscription/billing through Apple.

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• squashedpotato
    squashedpotato
    Community Member
    Options

Can I mod move this to "Memberships" please? I don't know how to contact a mod directly. I want a 1Password.com subscription not a standalone license.

• squashedpotato
    squashedpotato
    Community Member
    Options

bump

• squashedpotato
    squashedpotato
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty @Ben

Please help. It's been two days that I've been trying to sign-up for a family account through Apple.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@squashedpotato: From your original post, it looks like it's been about 28 hours, but when you keep "bump"-ing this discussion, it goes back to the newest and takes longer for it to be seen. :(

You should be able to sign up for a 1Password Families membership through Apple right within the app, so I'm guessing you maybe signed up for an individual account instead for some reason and are trying to change it now. That isn't possible within Apple's system. So you'd either need to start over with a new account and choose the 1Password Families option from the start, or cancel with Apple so we can set you up with billing directly through the website. Let me know. :)

• squashedpotato
    squashedpotato
    Community Member
    Options

man you guys can be so snippy. i'm just trying to pay for your service. why is it so hard to do?

thank you for answering my question. however, i have yet to sign up. i haven't signed up because i haven't found a way to do so. the process i've gone through is to download the app. then the options i'm presented with are "free trial" then the options to log in to an account or sync with icloud, dropbox, wlan server and then the "create a standalone vault" option.

when i click on all the options i don't see a way to sign up for families. when i click on start my trial, i only have the option of an individual plan and choosing between the monthly/yearly billing option.

i've also seen in the Apple app store the ability to subscribe for the individual plan immediately (its like an ad you click on), but nothing for the family plan.

• @squashedpotato : Here's what you'll want to do:

• Go to https://1password.com/families in a browser, and sign up for 1Password Families (yes, outside of the app)
    • This will start you on a 1Password Families trial
    • Launch the iOS app (or Mac app)
    • Sign in with your 1Password account that you just created
    • Go Settings > Accounts (iOS), or Preferences > Accounts (Mac) and choose your account. It should have a button to subscribe using the apple subscription.

That's the best way to get onto 1Password Families paid for via Apple in-app-purchase.

Let us know how that goes.

Rick

• squashedpotato
    squashedpotato
    Community Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

thanks for the quick reply @rickfillion . i appreciate it. i have followed all your steps and tried that but all i get is "trial mode" on iOS. nothing i see where i can click on something to subscribe.

however, i did log in to mac and i do see a blue link that says "subscribe for 6.99" when I click it, it asks me to sign in with my Apple password. I hesitate to do that however because I want to pay for the annual subscription not the monthly. is that option available?

• @squashedpotato : subscribe with the monthly subscription. That will put you on another 30 day trial on Apple's end. Then you can use iTunes' Manage Subscriptions feature to switch from monthly to yearly.

Rick

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@squashedpotato: I want to apologize for some of my earlier comments. It frustrates me that you or anyone has to wait to get help, and I'm sorry that some of that bled into my reply to you earlier. Please let us know if you have any other questions at all, and we'll do our best to get back to you — and everyone else — quickly. :blush:

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Cehpunkt

I'd recommend reaching out to our sales team via email: sales@1password.com. Please email in from the email address associated with your 1Password membership. When you email in you'll get an automated response from BitBot with a Support ID. Please post that ID here so we can follow up.

Thanks.

Ben

• Ben
    Options

Thanks. Our sales team will be in touch ASAP.

Ben

ref: HEP-67938-496

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You emailed us about 18 hours ago. We'll get back to you as soon as possible, but we're working from the oldest part of the inbox. Thanks for your patience.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

No, that's right: Thu, 24 Jan 2019 17:50 was the last one. As I mentioned, we reply from the oldest part of the inbox first. So when you send multiple messages, you are, unfortunately, pushing yourself back to the newest -- just like what you'd see in your own email client, I imagine, since most work that way. Anyway, we'll continue the conversation via email since it will necessarily involve sensitive account/payment information. Thanks for your patience.

• Ben
    Options

:+1:

Ben

• seanb724
    seanb724
    Community Member
    Options

Has the process that Rick described above (April 2018) changed? I am on the family 30 day trial and would like to move it to an apple managed subscription.

Thanks,
    Sean

• seanb724
    seanb724
    Community Member
    Options

So in another thread it seems like 1password has to reach out to me directly -- if that is the case, please do so! :-)

Thanks,
    Sean

• Ben
    Options

Hi @seanb724

Rick's instructions are still correct if you haven't set up any form of billing yet. If you have, you'd need to work with our billing team to see what is possible. In that case please reach out to them at support+billing@1password.com. Thanks!

Ben

• calvinbradshaw
    calvinbradshaw
    Community Member
    edited October 2019
    Options

Hi, I am a long time 1password user (using perpetual licenses), first time subscriber. Well, trying to be!

I need a family membership, and need it to be billed via my Apple app store account.

I followed Ricks instructions above, however now, after completing those steps in the https://my.1password.com/billing page it does not mention the app store and still shows a credit card that will be billed at the end of the trial. In my mac app, there is a Green "subscribed" message and my CC details are still in the billing section.

Maybe it did something wrong?

To be clear, these are the steps i followed:

1. went to https://1password.com/families in a browser, and signed up for 1Password Families (i believe this step prompted or required me to enter a CC to continue, so i did)

2. Launched the iOS app (or Mac app)

3. Signed in with my 1Password account i created

4. In Preferences > Accounts (Mac) there is an account and it says in Green "subscribed". There is no button to subscribe using the apple subscription.

I guess i reach out to billing now?

Calvin

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @calvinbradshaw!

We will be happy to help you with this. I noticed that you also sent us an email about this issue. So we don't duplicate the answers, we will get back to you over there as soon as possible.

ref: QVD-92353-451

• smith9
    smith9
    Community Member
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hi, I was having a look at my subscription to families after it was mentioned above that you can sign up through Apple in-app
    When I go to 1Password App > Settings > 1Password Accounts > (My Account)
    It says Subscription Status: Subscribed.

I was wanting to check pricing in-app paying in AUD including GST compared to paying with a credit card in USD, because there are likely to be some differences in how often the exchange rate is updated and I have a reasonable balance in my Apple account that I can pay for 1 password.

It would also be nice to know if you have any plans to increase the price of 1Password subscriptions.

I paid recently for a 1Password family subscription that cost $100 AUD which is rather expensive and don't think I would swallow a price increase.

I was comparing pricing just now and LastPass is $8 USD annually per user on family account, 1Password is $12 USD annually per user on family account

Also, it asked me to sign in to comment but said I had to change my password because AgileBits site had been compromised - what is all that about?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@smith9:

Hi, I was having a look at my subscription to families after it was mentioned above that you can sign up through Apple in-app

When I go to 1Password App > Settings > 1Password Accounts > (My Account)
    It says Subscription Status: Subscribed.

If you are already subscribed, what you are seeing is correct. If you want to check the App Store pricing in your country even if you are subscribed, you can do so directly inside the App Store app: visit the app page for 1Password, scroll down and expand the section "In-app purchases". You should see all pricing information in your local currency, as converted by Apple.

It would also be nice to know if you have any plans to increase the price of 1Password subscriptions.

We don't have any plans at the moment.

Also, it asked me to sign in to comment but said I had to change my password because AgileBits site had been compromised - what is all that about?

Please see this post for all the information.

• smith9
    smith9
    Community Member
    edited March 2020
    Options

@ag_ana
    Thanks, if I wanted to at the end of my credit card sub to switch to In App purchase of subscription, I believe I cancel one and start the other?
    Are there any issues I would experience while switching - will the family settings/subscriptions need to be setup again or will they still be in place? Hope the above question makes sense

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@smith9:

Thanks, if I wanted to at the end of my credit card sub to switch to In App purchase of subscription, I believe I cancel one and start the other?

Yes :+1:

Are there any issues I would experience while switching - will the family settings/subscriptions need to be setup again or will they still be in place?

It should be ok, but since we don't have control over the Apple side of the things, feel free to reach out to us via email if something gets stuck and we will help you complete the process ;)

This discussion has been closed.