Does not correctly open Firefox on Mac OSX but works OK on Windows.

Options
DingoBlue
DingoBlue
Community Member

1Password 7.3.2
OSX 10.13.6 (High Sierra)
Firefox 68.0.2
Not Private Browsing
1Password Extension 4.7.5.90

Situation 1 - Firefox window already open.

1Password works perfectly. I click on "Open and Fill" on a 1Password item and the correct site opens and the details are filled.

Situation 2 - Firefox is "sleeping" (it is showing as alive in the Docker but no windows are open), but no windows or tabs open.

I click on "Open and Fill" on a 1Password item and another window (not in Firefox) open which shows the 1 Password vault again. There is no way to progress beyond this point.

Situation 3 - Firefox is closed. In Mac term, the application has been Quit. There is no instance of Firefox running.

1Password works perfectly. I click on "Open and Fill" on a 1Password item and Firefox starts, the correct site opens and the details are filled.

It is difficult to precisely say when this started happening except to say sometime in the last month or 2.

Possibly of use is the fact that 1Password works perfectly on the same Vaults on Windows 10. There is, however, no equivalent of the Mac situation where Mac has an application "sleeping" in the Dockbar (see dot under the app) whereas in Windows it is either running or not.

I hope you can assist.
Regards

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OSX 10:13.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2019
    Options

Hi there @DingoBlue! Thanks for bringing the issue to our attention. We've had a few reports of the same issue—when the browser is running, but without open windows, Open and Fill doesn't work correctly—in the past couple weeks, and I've sent yours on to our development team as well. Hopefully we can get this working better in the future.

If you happen to notice {#3972} appearing in our Mac app's changelog, this may mean the issue with Firefox is resolved. If it continues to happen on your end after that, though, please let me know so I can keep our developers updated.

ref: apple-3972

This discussion has been closed.