New password on iOS not synced to Mac nor Windows

Options
Tonetony
Tonetony
Community Member
edited August 2019 in Mac

Created a password 10 minutes ago on iOS while outside the house (using LTE). The password appears in the iOS app, but after I woke my Mac from sleep, took a while to appear in the Mac or Windows app. (I have a subscription - 1Password syncing.)

It may be a coincidence, but I just logged in to the web site to check if the password was there, and immediately upon completing the login, the new password appeared in my Windows app.

Still waiting for it to show up on in the Mac app.

I locked the app on Mac, then unlocked it - the password finally showed up. This is before I had the chance to look at the vault on the server.

I didn't expect to see delays like this. How often do the apps sync, and does locking/unlocking, quitting/launching, or some other action help?

Does this have anything to do with LTE? In Settings, I allow the app to use Cellular Data and even Background App Refresh (a feature that actually does less than it suggests it might). The app was in the foreground when I created the Password.

I don't have any connectivity problems. Services like iCloud and Dropbox sync immediately.

Thanks.

Edited: More version numbers:

iOS 12.3.1
1Password iOS 7.3.5

Windows 7 SP1
1Password Windows: 7.3.684

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: 7.3.2
OS Version: macOS 10.14.6
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Tonetony!

How often do the apps sync

Sync with a 1Password.com account happens immediately after a change is done, unless there are network issues.

and does locking/unlocking, quitting/launching, or some other action help?

Yes, those actions force a sync to take place if something went wrong, so they usually help if something like this happens.

Is this the first and only time it happened to you?

• Tonetony
    Tonetony
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana, I haven't noticed it before but it's probably the first time I created an item in iOS. I'd previously done all additions and updates in the Mac and Windows apps.

And, I just ran some tests replicating the same network connection and sleep conditions, and this time no problem - the Mac reflected new items created on the phone immediately after waking.

So that was a curious lag!

If I notice it again I'll try to spot a pattern and will reply here again.

Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sounds good @Tonetony! Absolutely, let us know if this happens again and we will take a closer look :)

This discussion has been closed.