1Password and Touch ID on the Mac

fborraccino
fborraccino
Community Member

Hi there
I had been using the 6.X client up until a few days ago. After a couple of years (likely more) I decided to get on board and in the trial stage of a subscription.

Two years or more ago I suggested that the Touch ID unlock on the app be allowed as soon as the app was in focus rather than have to click once to "tell" 1Password that you want to unlock and then proceeding to place your finger on the Touch ID key. Pretty simple and a better experience, right?

The older app also allowed you to lock the app from the top as it had an icon with that function. Gone from version 7. A backward step?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @fborraccino! I'm not sure I'd characterize any of what you're describing as "a backward step," though I can see different perspectives on it. At this point, I doubt we'll be changing things back to the way they used to be in earlier versions, but stranger things have happened, and I'll certainly mention your wishes to the development team. :)

• fborraccino
    fborraccino
    Community Member
    edited June 2019

Any thoughts on Touch ID being able to unlock the vault without having to tell the app first I want to unlock with Touch ID? It's not something that was ever possible to my knowledge.

• I'm not entirely sure I follow. When I launch 1Password if I then put my finger on the Touch ID sensor it unlocks. I don't have to click anything other than the 1Password icon to launch the app.

Ben

• plufz
    plufz
    Community Member

Hi Ben! Are you sure you dont have to click anything? Because I'm having the same problem as the OP. I need to click the thumbprint button on screen or in the touchbar before being able to place my finger on the fingerprint sensor. I'm on an mbp pro (2018), macos 10.14.5 and latest 1password app (team account).

All the best!

• @plufz

Are you sure you dont have to click anything?

I'm positive. :) I can open 1Password and unlock it without touching the mouse/trackpad. I try to avoid using a pointing device because it hurts my wrist to do so.

Because I'm having the same problem as the OP. I need to click the thumbprint button on screen or in the touchbar before being able to place my finger on the fingerprint sensor.

Is this the case every time, or only occasionally?

Ben

This discussion has been closed.