7.3.5 does not sync second vault

devibimal
devibimal
Community Member

I was late to update 1P for iOS to 7.3.5. Upon updating I am not able to sync second vault that I have successfully synced in prior versions.
Setings -> Sync shows two vaults and second one shows as 'Set Up Syncing'. On selecting Set Up Syncing -> Start Syncing option the only option available is 'Sync with Dropbox. Default vault 'Primary Vault' shows multiple choices including WLAN sync that I am using.

How do I enable syncing for second vault?

1Password Version: 7.3.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12.4
Sync Type: WLAN

Comments

• Hi @devibimal

The option to sync a secondary vault via the WLAN server has to be enabled on the server (Mac) side. This is customizable in 1Password > Preferences > WLAN Server. Please let me know how it turns out. :)

Ben

• devibimal
    devibimal
    Community Member

Hi Ben - it is enabled where primary is grayed out while second vault can be toggled. I did toggle it on and off, as well as closing the app (including killing from activity monitor) and similar flick off on iphone to no avail

• @devibimal

So you have the secondary vault checked now in 1Password > Preferences > WLAN Server on your Mac, and changes to the Primary vault are syncing, but changes to the secondary vault are not? Could you please add a Secure Note item to each of those vaults to confirm that?

Ben

• devibimal
    devibimal
    Community Member

@ben
    Steps taken
    1. Add secure note to Primary vault on iOS device
    2. Add secure note to Secondary vault on iOS device
    3. Primary syncs, secondary does not
    4. Add secure note to Primary vault on mac
    5. Add secure note to secondary vault on mac
    6. Primary syns, secondary does not
    7. Tried to sync on secondary iPhone by installing app with correct iCloud account
    8. Same problem, only primary can be synced, secondary only shows dropbox sync
    Let me know if there is anything additional you may want me to test

• devibimal
    devibimal
    Community Member

please check this screen recording - https://bimal.box.com/v/ios1Password

• devibimal
    devibimal
    Community Member

@ben
    Any updates?

• @devibimal

Can you please post a screenshot from your Mac of the 1Password > Preferences > WLAN Server screen?

Ben

• devibimal
    devibimal
    Community Member
    edited August 2019

Next steps taken and now there is no way to sync second vault

• removed all data from 1p
    • app quits
    • restart sync
    • only primary gets synced

Remove data, remove app from iphone

• install app
    • start sync
    • primary is the only one

See second video uploaded at this link - https://bimal.box.com/v/ios1Password
    Link also includes screenshot

• devibimal
    devibimal
    Community Member

I uploaded screenshot twice and then got an error to wait for 300 seconds - it is still not showing, attaching here one more time

• devibimal
    devibimal
    Community Member

• devibimal
    devibimal
    Community Member

• Thanks @devibimal. It appears our development team is aware of this issue and have created a fix. That fix will be in a beta we're hoping to get built today. If all goes well it'll be in the next update.

Ben

• @devibimal

Unfortunately we weren't able to get the fixes into the build that was published last night, but we are hopefully including it in the next one which is currently in internal testing. If you'd be willing to try out the 1Password for iOS beta please send an email with this information.

Ben

• @devibimal

We've just released 1Password 7.3.6 for iOS which has a fix for this in it. It should be propagating through the App Store over the next couple of hours. When the update appears please install it and let us know if that helps.

1Password for iOS on the App Store

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.