Password history of Password X

This passwords history of Password X from Chrome to Mac in this form I like not only very good, but it is also very handy if you retry something later to find a specific password - for whatever reason - to find again!
I have not found this option on Safari yet, or have I overlooked something?

If not, then it would be possible to introduce this on Safari.

Thank you very much for your answer!

Greetings from Gruber Johann

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @Johann_Gruber! That's a good question. 1Password X is only available for Chrome and Firefox, so you won't find it in Safari. That said, 1Password for Mac has a similar feature. Any password you generate using 1Password mini that you don't save as a Login will be stored as a Password item – that way you can come back to it if you ever need it. Here's an example of a Password item in 1Password 7 for Mac:

This article should help if you're ever stuck in that situation while using Safari.

• Johann_Gruber
    Johann_Gruber
    Community Member

hey Kaitlyn,

Thank you very much for your answer!

Yes, I have seen that too, but I did not mean it that way!

The question is: why can not you do the same thing on Safari as on Password X on chrome? I find this type on Chrome very handy and there would be the same picture? I believe that I am not alone with this opinion!

I look forward to your response.

Greetings from Gruber Johann.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@Johann_Gruber – I see! The Password History you're referring to is a feature of 1Password X, and 1Password X isn't available in Safari. There's some technical limitations there, so you'll have to use 1Password X in Chrome or Firefox (or any Chromium-based browser) for now. We do hope to bring some of 1Password X's features to Safari, so I'll pass your feedback along to the rest of my team. :)

• Johann_Gruber
    Johann_Gruber
    Community Member

Hey Kaitlyn,

thank you for your reply. I'm glad that I was allowed to give you a little thought-provoking feedback because as a layman I do not understand that you can not standardize this password hysteria between Safari and Chrome. It may be technically not that easy, but I believe in the interest of many enthusiastic 1Password 7 users that you could bring this - for you probably difficult task to a positive end.

I would be glad to hear from you again!

Greetings from Gruber Johann

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

We appreciate the feedback! Thank you for sharing with us, @Johann_Gruber.

• Johann_Gruber
    Johann_Gruber
    Community Member

Hello kaitlyn,

Today I come to you again with a request:

What I like about the password generator on Safari is that the strength of the generated password is indicated by a scrolling green bar, which is not visible on Chrome.

Now the question: can not this bar also be introduced on Chrome?

Looking forward to a positive response!

Greetings from Gruber Johann.

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member

@kaitlyn
    I had already asked this in a separate thread.
    When do we get such an indicator in 1PX on Windows?

• @Johann_Gruber

Now the question: can not this bar also be introduced on Chrome?

That may be possible but I wouldn't be able to make any promises. :) Thanks for the feedback.

@blaxxz

I had already asked this in a separate thread.

Please try to avoid asking the same question in multiple threads. Doing so causes a duplication of efforts for us, which slows down the support process for everyone (including you :) ). Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.