Hi, pls can u help me setup new vault? [Previously shared account]

Options
lakemountain
lakemountain
Community Member
edited August 2019 in iOS

Hi, I am using 1Password on iPhone, with a vault on dropbox.

Now I wish to change login info to the app 1Password and to the vault, to make sure I am the only one with access. Previousloy another person also had access info. Would very much like your assistance to make sure it is done accurately.

1Password Version: 7.3.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iPhone X 12.4
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Hi, pls can u help me setup new vault? My 1pwd account may be compromised

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @lakemountain

It sounds like you were previously sharing your 1Password vault with someone else, and no longer wish to do so. Is that correct? If so the only way to remove someone's access to your accounts where you've shared your passwords with them is to:

1. Make sure they no longer have access to your 1Password data
    2. Change the password for each account that was in the vault that was shared with them

The path I would recommend would be to set up a new 1Password membership account, and to not share the credentials for that account with that person. You can sign up for that here:

https://start.1password.com/sign-up/plan

Once you've signed up you can migrate your data from the existing setup into the new account using these instructions:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

After you've moved your data into the new account please pay special attention to the instructions for deleting the old "Primary" vault (the one this other person has/had access to). Then you'll want to go about changing your passwords, so if they kept a record of them they won't have the new password. I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.