1P mini window size does not persist

verdi1987
verdi1987
Community Member
  1. Launch 1Password.
  2. Launch Safari.
  3. Resize 1P mini from the Safari extension.
  4. Completely quit 1P and Safari.
  5. Relaunch 1P and Safari.

Result: 1P mini has reverted to its default size.
Expected result: 1P mini window size persists after quitting 1P.

This behavior is new in 7.3.3.BETA-0.

1Password Version: 7.3.3.BETA-0 (70303000)
Extension Version: 7.3.3.BETA-0
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member

@verdi1987 FYI, It works as expected in the latest beta of Catalina (19A536g).

• Full Score
    Full Score
    Community Member

I have a similar comment to verdi1987. I use three monitors and my habit is to leave the main 1Password window open continuously on monitor 1, whilst opening mini when needed on monitor 2. Using 7.3.2 and all previous versions of 1Password, mini would remember its position on monitor 2. Under 7.3.3.beta-0 mini often opens on monitor 1. How do I ensure that mini remembers the position I left it in?

1Password Version: 7.3.3.BETA-0 (70303000)
    Extension Version: 7.3.3.BETA-0
    OS Version: 10.14.6
    Sync Type: Dropbox

• verdi1987
    verdi1987
    Community Member

@Full Score, is the mini not opening beneath the toolbar or menubar button?

I have a similar setup to yours but with two displays. The main 1Password application is on display 2, and my browsers are on display 1. While I have experienced the issue you describe in the past, I am not experiencing it with 7.3.3.BETA-0. Be sure that you have "Assign to None" set for the 1Password display assignment.

• Full Score
    Full Score
    Community Member

@verdi1987: the mini sometimes opens below the menu bar on my main monitor (#2), sometimes in the middle of my monitor (#1) which displays my main iPassword app.

I have looked through all the menus. Could you please let me know where I can find the "Assign to None" that you mention.

• verdi1987
    verdi1987
    Community Member
    edited September 2019

@Full Score, right-click (or control+click) the 1Password dock icon. Under "Options" you can set the display assignment.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2019

Ah, yes! I was confused too, as I'd forgotten about that option:

Thanks, @verdi1987!

• Full Score
    Full Score
    Community Member

I'm still suffering from the problem mentioned above, namely 1P's inability to remember the mini position on multiple monitors.

Brenty, the option you mention does not appear if I Cntl-click the 1P dock icon. Under Options I am given three choices:

Keep in Dock
    Open at Login
    Show in Finder

The options to "Assign To" do not appear.

I am using 1Pswd 7.3.2 (70302004) with MacOS 10.14.6.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I think that should help. If not, then it's something with macOS that's outside my experience and expertise, and outside the scope of 1Password; the OS handles this.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@gwexler: Since you appear to be just joining this discussion, I'm really not sure. Can you give me an example, and some specifics as far as the OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using, and steps to reproduce?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2019

@gwexler: Thanks! As an example, I mean you're talking about something entirely visual, so a screenshot would be great. :) To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Just be sure not to post anything sensitive, as this is a public forum. Thanks in advance!

The exact steps you're taking would also be good, especially since you mentioned that you "restart [your] computer each morning", which is not typical, and makes me wonder if you're doing other things I would not think to try.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@gwexler: For the 1Password for Mac issue, that's 1Password mini. It's supposed to be about that size (though it can be made larger and smaller too). It sounds like you're confusing that with the main 1Password app window. If you right-click the 1Password "keyhole" icon in the menu bar, you can choose "Open 1Password" to get that, and I suspect it will be the size you have in mind. :)

Regarding the forum, it definitely works here:

But if you have some sort of content blocker that could interfere with the Javascript that makes the image upload option possible. Or your browser may simply be outdated.

• verdi1987
    verdi1987
    Community Member

@gwexler,

I am the OP of this bug. I definitely experienced exactly what you are seeing. I think it's pretty clear what the behavior is.

I'll have to recheck if I'm still having this problem. I think I gave up resizing it because it always reset.

• verdi1987
    verdi1987
    Community Member

@gwexler, I have re-tested, and I am no longer experiencing this issue on Catalina. I see you are running Mojave. It may still be an issue just on that OS. I definitely had the issue beginning with 7.3.3.BETA-0 on Mojave. I don't know exactly when it resolved for me, but it may have just been the upgrade to Catalina.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Indeed, thank you to verdi1987 for the confirmation :+1:

• heinzgnehm
    heinzgnehm
    Community Member

Hello everyone. Since updating to the latest version of 1Password (version 7.4.3) on my MacBook Air with macOS Catalina (10.15.4) the 1Password mini window reverts to its original size (which is too small for me) after every restart. This is a completely new behavior and the window size was preserved in older versions of 1Password. I hope that this glitch can be fixed in one of the next updates. Keep up the good work and stay healthy. Heinz

This discussion has been closed.