Microsoft Edge extention crashes

Hello,

from time to time when i start Edge the extention crashes and i have to close Edge, wait a bit and then turn it on. Is this something known?

Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: 7.2.583
OS Version: Windows
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• This is a known issue, @vasileios and we've not found a reliable way to fix it. As a result of recent(ish) news about Edge's future, we've decided to allow it to fix itself when the new Chromium-based Microsoft Edge comes out and focus our resources on other aspects of 1Password for now. A lot of what makes the current Edge extension fragile is the result of the different implementation we used to allow the Edge extension to communicate with the desktop app. The new Edge will allow our Chrome extension to be used in Edge exactly the same way it's used in Chrome. In fact, our Chrome extension already works in the Insider builds of the new Edge, as does 1Password X and I've not seen a single report of this issue from the folks using the Edge beta and developer versions.

This is an issue we banged out heads against for a good long while and we managed some improvements but never a true fix. It's been tough telling folks we haven't found a fix and I wish we had something to help. Of course, when the new Edge is released is up to Microsoft, but with its recent graduation from dev builds only to a genuine beta, we are moving closer and I'm keeping my fingers crossed we'll see a Windows update pushing it to everyone sooner than later. For now, you're already doing the best thing you can – close Edge when it's a problem, wait a bit, and open Edge again. I know it's not the friendliest thing and I'm sorry for that, but I hope this at least gives you something to look forward to. And again, I'm sorry for the trouble. I know it stinks so I hope it's as infrequent for you as possible and that we'll all have the new Edge in hand soon so we can bid this issue farewell once and for all. 🙏

This discussion has been closed.