Android app 7.2 won't sync with Mac app 6.8.9

Options
JDLH
JDLH
Community Member

I have the 1password Android app (v 7.2 released Jul. 22, 2109) and the 1Password for Mac app version 6.8.9 (689001) bought from the AgileBits Store. We have a family subscription paying for the use of the software, but have synced with a WLAN server rather than any cloud or file share service. The Android app and the Mac app used to sync, but they don't today. How can I make them sync?

I have a WLAN server enabled in the Mac app. The instructions there say, "Unlock 1Password on your iPhone or iPad and select Settings > Sync to begin syncing. When prompted enter the secret shown below." On the Android app, I select Settings > Sync. I see a panel with three settings: WLAN [is on], Sync automatically [is disabled and off], and Notification [is on]. There is no button to initiate syncing. No sync happens just by virtue of opening Settings > Sync. Is this what I should be seeing? What do I do next?

I am currently unable to upgrade to 1Password 7 for MacOS because my Mac is running Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan, and the minimum requirement for 1Password 7 is Mac OS X 10.12 Sierra. Am I required to upgrade to 1Password 7, and so upgrade Mac OS as well, in order to sync again?

1Password Version: Android 7.2, Mac 6.8.9
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Sync Type: WLAN

Comments

This discussion has been closed.