switching from 1password.com to 1password.ca

raahh
raahh
Community Member

We have a family account for quite some time and just realized I"m getting billed in USD instead of Canadian (I'm in Canada)
so I'm in the process of switching from 1password.com to 1password.ca (for billing reasons)
Anyway, I'm most of the way through in terms of creating a new account on 1password.ca and copying all my information over from the old account to the new (1password.ca) account.
There are two people in the account. I've added the second person. The other person in my 'family' has her own 'Private' vault
My question is what or how does she copy her 'private' vault now onto this new 1password.ca account from the old one??

do I need to log into her computer and do the exact same thing as I did on my own?
do I open 1password.com on her computer, go to Accounts and sing into the new 1password.ca account and do it that way??

some help is appreciated. a chat feature would really help this along quicker. I've tried emailing support but not getting a respone fast enough ..please respond asap..this is taking time away from my job

1Password Version: 7.3.705
Extension Version: i don't know
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: i don't know

Comments

• raahh
    raahh
    Community Member

anyone??

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @raahh!

I’m sorry for the trouble. We will be happy to help you with this. I noticed that Amy and Duncan are already helping you with this issue. So we don't duplicate the answers, and share personal information on a public forum, we will get back to you over there as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: RFL-67456-991

• raahh
    raahh
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana Thanks for the response. I have not heard from either Amy or Duncan and I've reached out to them both. Are they available over the weekend to assist or do I need to wait until Monday now? proper communication is lacking. If they're busy, I understand but it's good to let the customer know at least so I can plan accordingly. If I knew this was going to take days I wouldn't have started the transfer yesterday. 1password really needs a chat feature.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@raahh - I'm sorry for the frustration. Telephone and "live chat" screen-sharing aren't available for 1Password technical support, but we're happy to continue assisting you via the existing email conversation if that's OK with you. We do strive for 24 hour support availability, though obviously no one person works 24 hours a day. ;) I'll see if one of the folks you've been communicating with can assist you via email. Meantime, thanks for your patience. :)

This discussion has been closed.