Will not accept chrome autofill in miui (mi 9T)

frankhaagsman
frankhaagsman
Community Member
edited August 2019 in Android

On my mi 9t I try to make autofill work. But when I select Chrome it gives the usual accept option and then after pressing OK is restarts the1password app and nothing changed

Comments

• Hi @frankhaagsman. We've heard this reported from one other person as well. Does Autofill work even when you have Google set as your default Autofill service?

• Niek
    Niek
    Community Member

Same problem here, autofill is not working in Chrome (beta) on my Mi 9T. Are there any workarounds?

• @Niek Thanks for reaching out! Unfortunately, Chrome doesn't fully support Autofill, so you'll need to enable 1Password's accessibility service to fill in Chrome and Chrome based browsers. Launch 1Password and go to Settings > Autofill, and you can enable Accessibility there.

Let us know if that helps!

• Niek
    Niek
    Community Member

@peri I understand that, and it's enabled properly. However, autofill never shows up. I tried all kinds of settings, like disabling battery saver on the 1password app, keeping it running in the background, etc. If you need any screenshots or a video, please let me know.

• Niek
    Niek
    Community Member

@peri @frankhaagsman what fixed my issue is updating the app to the latest beta: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.agilebits.onepassword

After this, the auto fill is working properly. Plus it has dark theme support, which looks very nice :)

• @Niek It sounds like you had been using an outdated version of 1Password on your Android device, as the stable build (7.2) has support for dark mode as well.

That said, I'm glad you were able to get everything sorted! Let us know if you need anything else.

• 0x49D1
    0x49D1
    Community Member

I've Xiaomi MI8 and 1Password Autofill is not working. I've turned off Battery Restrictions for 1Password, also turned on Accessibility for 1Password service (allowed it to read the screen) and still nothing, the toggle in the 1Password app for Accessibility Autofill is "Off".

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@0x49D1:

the toggle in the 1Password app for Accessibility Autofill is "Off".

Can you please enable the Accessibility option, as per Peri's suggestion above?

• 0x49D1
    0x49D1
    Community Member

@ag_ana sure I've already tried that: no result. I can post screenshots a bit later from exactly from the phone.

• @0x49D1 I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Android device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Android)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/106465/will-not-accept-chrome-autofill-in-miui-mi-9t#latest
    • Your forum username: 0x49D1

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• 0x49D1
    0x49D1
    Community Member

@peri Here is the ticket number [#IQF-81834-532]

• Thanks! It looks like Preet has replied, so I'll let you two continue the conversation over email.

This discussion has been closed.