Every time using CCleaner, 1Password X resets it owns settings.

Options

I am on Firefox, the latest version. 1Password X, last stable release.
Every time I use CCleaner, and it resets the settings for 1Password X to its defaults. So in my case, after I open 1Password X, I have to click again to on the saying "Enable the new look" and also turn off a vault I have under Accounts & Vaults.

Is this behavior natural?
Thank you.

1Password Version: 7.3.705
Extension Version: 1.15.7
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@r1ma – It seems like CCleaner is clearing your cache in Firefox. Do you know if that's the case? I can't say that I've used CCleaner myself, but I'm curious if you can adjust the settings so it won't clear Firefox's cache or cookies. That'll be your best bet in avoiding the settings being reset every time you run the app. Let me know what you find!

• r1ma
    r1ma
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, CCleaner does clear cache and cookies. I will test and see what happens if it doesn't clear these.
    So usually when it clears the cache and cookies, it will cause such a behavior?

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@r1ma – That's correct! Your 1Password X settings are cached in your browser, so clearing it will reset things. Based on my research so far, it should be fairly easy to adjust CCleaner's settings. They seem to have quite a few options when it comes to browser monitoring.

• r1ma
    r1ma
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@r1ma – For sure! Have a good rest of your day. :chuffed:

• r1ma
    r1ma
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you @Naxterra

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@r1ma, I am happy to hear Naxterra was able to help you.

Thank you, @Naxterra! :)

• MikeCA77
    MikeCA77
    Community Member
    Options

I was having this same issue. I found that CCleaner was listing a cookie with a name that was just a hex code with a few dashes (not a website).

Turned out that that hex code cookie is a cookie setup by Firefox for add-ons. It was where Firefox was storing the settings for the 1Password add-on. When I deleted that cookie via CCleaner, that was when 1Password reset. I could tell easily tell it reset by clicking on the add-on and it would open up 1password.com in a new tab.

Adding the cookie to my "Keep" list preventing CCleaner from resetting it. I would run CCleaner (and have CCleaner still clear the Firefox cache), and this time the 1Password add-on settings would stay. Clicking on the add-on would NOT open 1password.com in a new tab.

Now I can set my display settings on 1Password add-on and it won't reset every time I run CCleaner.

Here are screen shots of my settings in CCleaner that allow me to have the 1Password add-on not reset:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for sharing this with the community @MikeCA77!

(And welcome to the forum :) )

This discussion has been closed.