Can't edit items in vault

Koa
Koa
Community Member

I got 1Password for Families activated. I have been using 1Password since 2007. I got my account set up and have migrated my vaults into the new 1Password. I have my private vault and a shared vault that my family will use. I have not sent out invitations to the other users yet. I am testing things out.

I can see all my logins, secure notes, and other saved items. My problem is that I cannot edit items in my private vault or what will be the shared vault. I logged into my 1Password account and see that I have editing privileges on these vaults. I am the administrator. What am I doing wrong or what am I missing?

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Koa: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! What happens when you try to edit something? Are you getting an error?

• Koa
    Koa
    Community Member
    edited August 2019

I don't see the Edit button in the bottom right-hand corner of a login window like previous versions of 1Password. I am not getting an error. I don't see any way to edit. No Edit button.

I can create a new login from a web page form. I go to 1Password Mini and click on the gear and select Save New Login. I saved a new login this way and then wanted to change the title of the login. I went to the application and there's no way to edit the saved login.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2019

@Koa:

Do you not see the Edit button at the top of the 1Password window? Here is a screenshot of what things look like when I select any item in 1Password for Mac:

• Koa
    Koa
    Community Member
    edited August 2019

@ag_ana:

I am an idiot.

Yes the Edit button is where you showed in the screenshot. Maybe not a total idiot because I searched the agilebits website and at this link, https://support.1password.com/1password-com-items/, the Edit button is where I was looking for it: the same place as version 6 of 1Password at the bottom right-hand side of the login window. This is what I found and now I see that is managing the logins on the 1Password website, not the app.

I did some more searching and found this link that shows what I needed:
    https://support.1password.com/getting-started-mac/

A suggestions: your interface on the website and app should have the Edit button in the same place for user ease of use and consistency. The Edit button has been at the bottom right-hand side of the login window for as long as I can remember.

Thanks for your help! Learning a new 1Password workflow is a new thing after so many years of the old versions.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Koa, thank you for the update. I am very happy to hear things are working as expected now.

And thank you for the feedback too! :)

This discussion has been closed.