I still can't stop 1password from locking during a session (after requests here and on reddit)

RobertAppleton
RobertAppleton
Community Member

I still can't keep 1password from locking my account (after following all your recommendations). I still can't choose the vault I want to use as a preference. This means I need to take the time to find and enter my master password, then find my preferred account and select it before even using 1pass. This takes at least 30 seconds many times a day - and a utility should not require this kind of setup on each use. In my experience this is the kind of thing we see in non-functioning software which is not being supported. Can you please take these reports seriously and stand behind your promises to fix them? I and many other customers would be grateful for this. Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: 1.16.0
OS Version: OSX 10.13.6
Sync Type: icloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @RobertAppleton!

I still can't keep 1password from locking my account

Is this happening in the desktop app, or in the browser extension? I noticed that you are using both 1Password for Mac 7.3.2, and 1Password X in the browser (which is the extension that does not need the 1Password desktop app to work). This means that, with your setup, you will have two have separate locking mechanisms, so if you could clarify which one of the two you are referring to, it would be very useful.

I still can't choose the vault I want to use as a preference.

Can you please elaborate a little? What happens when you try to choose the vault?

In other words: if you open 1Password for Mac and go to Preferences > Vaults tab, and select the vault you wish from the Always open to dropdown, what happens exactly that doesn't allow you to choose it?

• DBLClick
    DBLClick
    Community Member

This is happening on both the desktop app and 1px browser app. they are integrated. have mine set for only to lock when sleep, screen saver or switch users. not using the 1pw will lock as if it was idol.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@DBLClick:

I am not sure if the environment is exactly the same as the one in the original post, so if you could please confirm the following details for me it would be appreciated:

1. The version of the 1Password app
    2. Your operating system and version
    3. The version of the 1Password browser extension
    4. What browser you are using, and what version it is

Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.