I have 2 different versions of 1Password on my computer, ver X and ver 4

I updated to 1Password X in my Chrome browser, but the 1Password in my Task Bar is version 4. I thought that when I updated to X, the 1Password in my Task Bar would update to X also?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I have 2 different versions of 1Password on my computer, ver X and ver 4

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @hwallach77,

1Password X is a standalone extension initially designed to add support to our 1Password accounts for the likes of ChromeOS and Linux. So at the moment we have two extensions available. The companion extension, or that is how I refer to it is currently at version 4.7.5 and it works with either 1Password for Mac or 1Password for Windows. Any user with a licence and/or standalone vaults will want this extension. Anybody with a 1Password account can either continue with 1Password for Mac/Windows with the companion extension or if they prefer it our 1Password X extension. As it is designed as a client within its own right it currently does not communicate with 1Password for Mac/Windows and as it is a JavaScript based client it cannot leverage certain operating system features like Touch ID. This is something we are working on so in the future 1Password X will work alongside the native application if it is present.

It's possible the above is enough of a nudge for you to make sense of what you're seeing. If it isn't though I do have a couple of questions.

1. In your browser do you have both 1Password X and the companion extension installed?
    2. Do you have 1Password for Mac or 1Password for Windows and if so what version do you have?
This discussion has been closed.