Is an "Automated Password Updating" feature on the roadmap? And if so, what's the ETA?

Is an "Automated Password Updating" feature on the roadmap? And if so, what's the ETA?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:automated password updating

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @tobiascortese!

Can you please elaborate a little on what you mean by this? Are you looking for a way for 1Password to change passwords for all your accounts automatically for you at regular intervals? Or something else?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @tobiascortese,

I suspect I know what you're asking for, the ability to change a site's password from within the 1Password interface i.e. it all happens in the background without needing to visit the site in the browser.

Currently it is not something we're actively looking at either now or in the immediate future. The problem here is that at the moment this sort of feature is incredibly fragile. Each site would need a set of steps based on their current design and a number of safeguards to prevent a bad situation should the site change something.

Maybe at some point in the future sites will adopt a standard that better facilitates this sort of thing but based on even my limited experience I would suspect adoption would be slow despite the clear benefit to the user. Still, there is always scope to be surprised and it would be a welcome one.

• tobiascortese
    tobiascortese
    Community Member

@littlebobbytables - thanks for the info! @ag_ana was correct in that I was referring to the ability to change the passwords at regular intervals automatically, but it sounds like that wouldn't be possible until the ability to change a password within the 1password app was possible with consistency, correct?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @tobiascortese,

You're right, if we introduced a feature we knew was fragile users would be rightfully upset when it didn't work. It would be cool but I think we're a while away from something robust enough.

This discussion has been closed.