Disassociate 1Password account from iOS account.

Morgan_B
Morgan_B
Community Member

Hello, I am having an issue with a new 1Password account, and being unable to associate with my iPhone/iOS.

Some context.
I had an older 1Password account, which I did not keep my Secret password for. When upgrading my phone I was no longer able to login into my 1Password account as I did not have the Secret Password to log into that account on the new phone or on my PC.

So, I started a new trial with 1Password and started to re-enter all my details into the new 1Password account.
When the trial period ran out I was hoping it would pick up my current annual subscription (for the old account) however it did not, and now my trial account is frozen.

I cancelled that subscription (which doesn't really cancel it, as its still active until 1st Oct), and then tried to sign up again a new subscription for my new 1Password account, however....

The 1Password iOS app tells me that I can only have one 1Password account associated with my iPhone/iOS account.

Is it possibly to disassociate the old 1Password account (I'm not overly concerned about the month or so's subscription I'll lose) so that I can use my new (frozen) 1Password account.

I really like using this app, but unless I can sort this out I'm going to have to cancel altogether and use a competitors product.

Thanks,
Morgan

1Password Version: 7.3.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Morgan_B: The best thing to do would be to email us at sales@1password.com with the details so we can look into what the options would be. Please include any receipts, as it may be possible to give you a credit if you end up switching to our billing system -- which may be necessary if the App Store is still associating your subscription with a defunct account. We'll see what we can do. We just can't discuss account and payment details here in a public forum.

This discussion has been closed.