Custom icons still not working properly in 1.16.0

peepay
peepay
Community Member
edited August 2019 in 1Password in the Browser

Hello, I was glad to see custom icon support in the new pop-up in the 1.16.0 changelog, however, it still does not work properly.

If I just open the list of all login items in the pop-up and scroll through them, it is hit-or-miss, sometimes the custom icons load, sometimes they don't, really, it's bizarre. I would at least understand if it didn't work all the time... :D

But, now we are getting to the even more interesting part - this one is reproducible reliably and repeatedly, but in a very weird way.

When I visit a page for which an entry with a custom icon exists, the behavior is as follows:

• The first time I open the pop-up (and the suggested login appears), the icon is correctly shown in the right part with the item details, but not in the list on the left side.
  • Then, the second time (and every next time after that) I open the pop-up, the custom icon is shown in neither of the two places it is supposed to be in.

My system info: Firefox 68.0.2, Windows 7, 1PasswordX 1.16.0

I also made screenshots so you believe me, because this sounds crazy.

1st time:

Every other time:

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

You weren't joking, @peepay! This is definitely a strange bug. I tested it extensively, and what I've come up with is that any item with a website URL stored inside it doesn't render the custom icon correctly. I've got an issue filed for our developers to investigate further. I really appreciate you getting this on our radar!

ref: x/b5x#1442

• peepay
    peepay
    Community Member

Thank you @kaitlyn, I am glad I am not the only person for whom the bug manifests, that would be difficult to troubleshoot.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@peepay – Me too! Thank you so much for including screenshots for me, though. That made it much easier for me to reproduce and determine that we're indeed seeing the same thing.

• peepay
    peepay
    Community Member

You're welcome, glad to help.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

:+1:

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hello again @peepay! I wanted to reach out to let you know that the issue with custom icons you were experiencing in 1Password X has been resolved. You should have already received the update by now, but I figured I’d follow up with you to make sure everything’s working as expected. Let me know if you have any questions for me. :)

• peepay
    peepay
    Community Member

Thanks @kaitlyn, yes, I am periodically checking the changelogs, so I was aware of the fix when the updated version was released, but thank you for the heads-up anyway!
    ...and yes, I can confirm it works correctly now.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update! And on behalf of kaitlyn, you are welcome :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.