"Migrate standalone to account..." dimmed.

mattsteinruck
mattsteinruck
Community Member

I'm trying to migrate my wife's standalone account into our new Family account following these instructions.
I've installed the latest version of 7.
https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#migrate-your-data-on-your-main-device

But the option noted is not available. (the "switch to vault" option is also not showing up under the Vault menu, as noted)

Help? How to best pull in her data?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Migrate standalone to account... not available

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

But the option noted is not available. (the "switch to vault" option is also not showing up under the Vault menu, as noted)

@mattsteinruck: This is the problem. You'd need to have the vault in 1Password first in order to transfer data from it. There is no way to switch between vaults when you have only a single vault in the app -- in this case, the Private vault in the 1Password account. Where is her original vault?

• mattsteinruck
    mattsteinruck
    Community Member

Her original vault is in 1Pass 6.
    Do I need to create something new in 7 first?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mattsteinruck: Hmm. Is the original vault being sync'd with Dropbox or iCloud?

• mattsteinruck
    mattsteinruck
    Community Member

Her 6 vault was synced with dropbox.

Mine was as well, and it merged automatically when I set up the new Account system with no problem.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mattsteinruck: Awesome! Thanks for letting me know. Then, on her computer, where she's already signed into her own 1Password account, she can enable the local vault option in Preferences > Advanced, and then configure it to sync with her vault in Dropbox (Preferences > Sync). Then she'll have the option to "Migrate Standalone Vaults to Account" in Help > Tools. Let me know how it goes. :)

• mattsteinruck
    mattsteinruck
    Community Member

It was a wrestling match, but I was able to get the data imported! Thank you!

• On behalf of brenty you're most welcome. It generally shouldn't be so much of a process... but I'm glad to hear it worked out in the end.

Ben

• jdmass
    jdmass
    Community Member

I am having a similar problem. I am trying to migrate my wife's standalone vaults to our family account. She has a primary vault on iCloud and 2 other standalone vaults on dropbox. All accounts are visible in the MacOS 1Password app, but the Help->Tools->Migrate Standalone Vaults to Account menu option is dimmed and I can't find a way to make it selectable. Please help.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jdmass!

I think this is happening because she has multiple vaults in the app, so she will have to move the items manually.

This discussion has been closed.