Unable to set up for use on Edge for Mac

jeffmarkel
jeffmarkel
Community Member

I have a standalone license that I purchased, and would like to use the 1Password extension for Microsoft Edge on my Mac. It insists on my entering a Secret Key, but I do not have one because of how I purchased 1Password. How can I use my saved 1Password data in Edge for Mac?

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 1.16.0
OS Version: OS X 10.14.4
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Edge on Mac needs Secret Key

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited September 2019

Hi @jeffmarkel

Thanks for taking the time to write in. At this time we do not have support for Microsoft Edge on Mac, but I'd be happy to share with our development team that you are interested in it. :) That said, you're currently a major version behind on 1Password for Mac. 1Password 6 has been retired and is no longer being updated. As a security focused company we'd always recommend running the latest versions of all of your software, but especially your operating system, web browser(s), and 1Password. If / when Edge support does come for 1Password for Mac, it will require version 7.

1Password 7 requires either a separate license purchase or a 1Password membership. We're no longer advertising licenses, but they are available for customers who are already familiar with that situation and are comfortable with the "DIY" approach they offer. I'd highly recommend taking a look at 1Password membership, which will give you access to the latest versions of 1Password for all of your compatible devices (no more separate upgrade fees). You can read about the benefits here:

About 1Password membership

If you decide to upgrade to membership instructions for that can be found here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.