Discrepancy between number synced items

Options
marcuscole
marcuscole
Community Member

My daughter has 1password on her iPhone (6s) and her Mac 2015 MacBook Pro. Both are synced to iCloud. She's recently (over weeks) added a number of items (13 additional) on her phone but they are not appearing on her laptop. We deleted and reinstalled on the laptop, and the same partial list (41 items) came back. Both devices are linked to the same iCloud account. Both devices have just the primary vault.

MacBook - latest 1Password v. 6. and tried latest 1Password 7
iPhone - 7.3.1

During the install of 1Password 7, the software found 2 sets of passwords on her computer with 41 and 42 items.

Is it possible that the new items on the phone were added after a data format change which would then be unavailable to the 1Password 6 software? If so, why would the 1Password 7 software not see these?

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @marcuscole! Welcome to the forum! :)

I’m sorry for the trouble. I have a question for you: you said that items created on the iPhone don't show up in the Mac app, but what about the other way around? Do items created in 1Password for Mac show up in 1Password for iOS?

• marcuscole
    marcuscole
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply.

New items on the laptop do not replicate. (She always has created items on the phone, but as mentioned they are no longer propagating).

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@marcuscole:

Thank you for the confirmation. Can you please send us one diagnostic report from this Mac and one from this iPhone so we can help you compare the two and see where your devices are really syncing your data? You can send both reports to support+forum@agilebits.com.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your message!

• marcuscole
    marcuscole
    Community Member
    Options

For your reference, this is your support ID:

[#HKM-84322-474]

Thanks again!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you! I confirm that we have received your email, we will get back to you over there as soon as possible :)

ref: HKM-84322-474

• marcuscole
    marcuscole
    Community Member
    Options

Lars from support helped resolve this. We had iCloud enabled on both devices, but 1Password was not enabled on the phone under the iCloud Drive. Once switched on, we were able to get the updated password data to replicate to the laptop. Thanks!

the key bit from the email:
    "The one thing that might be worth looking into before we go any further is: do you have iCloud Drive enabled on both devices? You can check in System Preferences> iCloud on your Mac -- make sure iCloud Drive is checked, then click "Options" and make sure 1Password is enabled there. On your daughter's iPhone 6, tap Settings, then her name/face, then iCloud and make sure both iCloud Drive and 1Password are toggled on. "

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you @marcuscole for sharing! I am glad that Lars was able to help :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• alexfour
    alexfour
    Community Member
    Options

hi, i have the same problem, in my phone on the principal Vault, wich is enable to icloud, tey show me 99 paswords and my mac has 102, i don´t know wher is the problem, by the way anyone speaks spanish? becuase is very dificult to me explain exactly the problem and i want to ask differnt issues that i don`t understand in 1Password.
    Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@alexfour: There isn't anyone around who speaks Spanish at the moment, but I can probably help you with this in the mean time. Your English is great. :)

You mentioned that you have the vault in 1Password for iOS syncing with iCloud. Can you check that in 1Password for Mac as well? It will be under Preferences > Sync. Let me know what you find.

This discussion has been closed.