My "open and fill" suddenly doesn't work. What can I do?

Options
deemarc
deemarc
Community Member

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:My "open and fill" suddenly doesn't work. What can I do?

Comments

• deemarc
    deemarc
    Community Member
    Options

1Password Version: 7
    Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
    OS Version: 10.14.6
    Sync Type: iCloud
    Referrer: forum-search:My "open and fill" suddenly doesn't work. What can I do?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2019
    Options

Hi @deemarc!

We will be happy to help you with this. I noticed that you also sent us an email about this issue. So we don't duplicate the answers, we will get back to you over there as soon as possible.

Thank you!

ref: JSQ-21841-158

• vjpankau
    vjpankau
    Community Member
    Options

I am having this same issue.

Community Member
    Options

I am having the same issue as well.

• Ben
    Options

Hi folks,

Could you please walk us through the steps you're taking, and where things are breaking down?

Ben

Community Member
    Options

Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben. I hope this helps. Here are two things I've tried (without success). I've opened the app (7.3.2) and hit the "open and fill" button for several of my saved logins. Nothing on my browser opens. If I then open the website, there's no automatic fill-in from 1Password. If I type in the info stored in 1Password into the login of the website, the site allows me in.

I have 1Password Mini installed as well (I use Safari (12.1.2) as my browser. When I click on the Mini, nothing happens. If I open a website that I want to have Mini populate the login, again, nothing happens.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the additional details, @4330. It sounds like the problem is actually broader than just filling... it sounds like 1Password isn't working in your browser at all. Could you please open Safari > Preferences > Extensions and post a screenshot of what you see there?

▷ How to take a screenshot

That will help us rule in/out the extension being installed and enabled properly as the problem.

Ben

Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Ben, for your help. I've attached the screenshot. Please note, that "Open and Fill" is also not working for me when I use the full app.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @4330. If you uncheck and then re-check 1Password on that screen does that make a difference? What version of 1Password is shown there?

Ben

Community Member
    Options

Hey, great news Ben. The unchecking and rechecking worked for me. Both Mini and my app (7.2.3) are opening and filling again!

Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.

• Ben
    Options

Excellent. Thanks for the update @4330. I'm glad to hear that worked out.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.