How do I get back to the simple program I bought, the one that works?

Iwouldrathernot
Iwouldrathernot
Community Member
edited August 2019 in Mac

Does Firefox hate one password or one password hate Firefox?
Firefox updated and 1PW extension disappeared
I have no one idea what one password x is and I'm don't even know if it comes from your company

This malarkey has been happening every few months and I do not understand what is going on
I bought a program (1PW) to coordinate my passwords and I do not have that anymore
How do I get back to the program that I had that worked ?

Updates do nothing but screw me up
I do not have a glossary of the terms that you are using, what the products now are what things you have changed

I do not know the difference between the products or changes
and cannot reasonably find something that explains them
"Help" just seems to be introducing stacks of terms that I have no need for, and do not understand
and I just am getting more and more frustrated and I'm getting ready to go back post-it notes

Can I go back and simply buy the product that I bought that worked?
Do you want more money or what?
please, I want the product that I used to use that worked.

add: lost in circular hell
don't understand VAULTS , ACCOUNTS I BOUGHT FROM AGILEBITS ? WHAT REGION AM I IN
I NEED A PROGRAM TO USE NOT TO WASTE TIME PRETENDING I AM MY OWN TECH SUPPORT
IT USED TO WORK

I DO NOT NEED TO RUN A CORPORATION WITH LAYERED TEAMS WITH SILOED PERMISSIONS
I JUST NEED TO STORE MY PASSWORDS, MAYBE EVEN LOG IN SECURELY

1Password Version:688
_Extension Version:
Not Provided used to use it in firefox
OS Version: sierra
Sync Type: Not Provided. ? why is this referring to?

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Iwouldrathernot!

I have no one idea what one password x is and I'm don't even know if it comes from your company

It comes from our company. 1Password X is the version of the browser extension that does not require the 1Password desktop app to work, but it is only available to 1Password Membership subscribers.

I do not have a glossary of the terms that you are using, what the products now are what things you have changed

I do not know the difference between the products or changes and cannot reasonably find something that explains them

If you have some specific questions, please feel free to ask them here and we will be happy to answer them and/or update the documentation if you were not able to find the answers there.

I bought a program (1PW) to coordinate my passwords and I do not have that anymore

May I ask why you do not have that anymore? What happened to it?

• Iwouldrathernot
    Iwouldrathernot
    Community Member
    edited August 2019

Thanks for your reply.
    Sorry if I was upset, but I am having to spend more and more time constantly dodging a barrage of updates in the few core programs that I use. The feature creep that I am experiencing constantly takes usable products, 1Password lead among them, and with adding new features drifts farther from the core of simple usable features, with configuration maintenance eclipsing utility.

I have limited amount of energy to spend doing tech support to keep the simple core features running.
    The purpose of owning the computer is not to service the computer, and spending half the day to merely restore what I was using previously, is not experienced as a feature.

I experienced this with the same joy that you would probably share if somebody moved your car a block away without telling you.

I mean, it's just over there. and we cleaned the floormats.

Where in 1 password's system of informing its users as to its features, is a glossary that describes its various components in straightforward language, without circular reference to other components?
    I'm spending and dysfunctional amount of time simply trying to find where the questions I need to ask are being phrased.

There, now you know how it feels to have something waste your time while you're trying to work.

Question one
    I was previously told that I didn't need an account in order to use one password now I'm faced with demands for an account at every turn and I do not understand the purpose of an account. Where is this outlined and introduced? what does it offer, what does it impact?
    Question 2
    How can I be informed when the interaction between Safari and Firefox changed in relationship with 1password?
    Question three
    Do you have a simple description of a process where core features of 1Password can be concisely described and maintained?

Question four
    I am now avoiding updating every program I own, and find that auto updates frequently crash my computer often in the middle of work that I'm trying to do. When 1Password changes what is your protocol for informing users?
    Question five
    if I need the equivalent of a subscription to one password, what's a good plan to lay out how to go forward
    I'm happy to support the program but need to have a plan on what to expect.
    Question five
    what are is this reference to regions and different websites that you use?
    I bought this program through agile bits (wow, did auto correct ever put an inappropriate word there!)
    what does that have to do with anything? Not being able to recognize your site's name creates a security problem

Have been this strong longtime promoter of this program, and think that you guys do a very good job.
    I am seeing the complexity and lack of coordination between the products creating constant hurdles rather than engaging.
    I am trying to find lunch, not a cooking class.

Thanks

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Iwouldrathernot:

Where in 1 password's system of informing its users as to its features, is a glossary that describes its various components in straightforward language, without circular reference to other components?

The best place to find answers to your questions is our support website, which you can find here.

But if you are looking for a glossary specifically, as you wrote, we have that too :)

Question one
    I was previously told that I didn't need an account in order to use one password now I'm faced with demands for an account at every turn and I do not understand the purpose of an account. Where is this outlined and introduced? what does it offer, what does it impact?

A 1Password account is not mandatory, but it's the recommended way to use 1Password. It offers you a lot more features, which we believe you will find useful in your day to day life. It has been a far more popular choice and from the feedback we get, people prefer the ease that having a 1Password membership comes with (when it comes to things like managing backups, syncing, multi-device management etc.).

Basically, everything is included with memberships. All the devices you need are included for free, sync happens automatically, backups are taken care of straight away, everything you would expect is there. You get storage for secured documents, item history, watchtower, travel mode and more.

Question 2
    How can I be informed when the interaction between Safari and Firefox changed in relationship with 1password?

In the release notes when you upgrade your 1Password app. If you missed them for some reason, you can read the whole changelog here.

Question three
    Do you have a simple description of a process where core features of 1Password can be concisely described and maintained?

I am sorry, I am not sure I understood this question. Can you please elaborate?

Question four
    I am now avoiding updating every program I own, and find that auto updates frequently crash my computer often in the middle of work that I'm trying to do. When 1Password changes what is your protocol for informing users?

A notification pops up inside your 1Password app, telling you that an update is available. It is up to you to accept the upgrade, or keep the old version by ignoring the upgrade.

Having said this, 1Password is security software, so we cannot recommend ignoring update prompts. We recommend you keep the 1Password app, and your operating system and browser always up to date.

Question five
    if I need the equivalent of a subscription to one password, what's a good plan to lay out how to go forward
    I'm happy to support the program but need to have a plan on what to expect.

You can create the account you wish, and then activate a subscription for it. After doing that, you can manage your subscription (including canceling it) anytime you want from your account settings.

Question five
    what are is this reference to regions and different websites that you use?

You can choose where you want your account to reside (.com, .ca or .eu). The features are the same, the only changes will be where your data is stored, and in which currency you are going to be billed (USD, CAD or EUR).

• Iwouldrathernot
    Iwouldrathernot
    Community Member

Thanks
    Re: Q#2: The processof attempting to restore the extension in firefox instead sent me to :
    moz-extension://b3fc3db9-fe61-e741-a4f1-f6569f89d560/app/app.html#/page/welcome.
    your link was better, would have been nice to get to it with less of a todo.
    Apparently the extensions in Safari and Firefox no longer exist except in X,
    which mushroomed into more questions , specifically the account question.
    Frankly looking at the available intro page for 1password X I don't see any real difference between it and 1password extension
    I have no problem paying for an upgrade but I'm seeing Greater complexity rather than features.

My prior password program updated and lost backwards compatibility with its data files.
    I have lost data in auto updates by windows auto rebooting
    Firefox updates regularly loses the 1PW extention and other configurations
    Open office has crashed on updating and my iphone regularly kills programs I use with updating.

If I don't have free hours to reconfigure, I won't update. too risky.
    Compared to being hacked , a self induced destruction by update appears a wash
    I don't need Family or Business service/features.
    If something works. I leave it alone.
    I need a reliable simple password safe and if it synchronizes across other devices , that is nice.
    Very little else matters
    thanks again

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good @Iwouldrathernot! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.