My Chrome extension stopped working.

bjornhansell
bjornhansell
Community Member

I no longer see the 1password logo in relevant text fields. However, I can access 1password by right-clicking. I tried updating all software components and removing/reinstalling the Chrome plugin.

1Password Version: 7.3.2 (70302004)
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OSX 10.14.6 (18G87)
Sync Type: 1password
Referrer: forum-search:My chrome extension stopped making autofill

Comments

• bjornhansell
    bjornhansell
    Community Member

My chrome extension looks inactive in the toolbar, but it really is not when I open it.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @bjornhansell! I'm sorry for the trouble. If you were seeing a 1Password icon inside text fields in Login pages in your browser, that means you were previously using 1Password X, as our companion extension ("desktop app required") doesn't ever show an icon in username/password fields. It's fine to use 1Password X if you prefer it, but be aware that 1Password X does not (yet, except in beta) integrate with the local Mac app. I mention this because you listed your extension version as 4.7.5.90, which would mean you've either switched back to the "desktop app required" extension, or something else is amiss. If you visit chrome://extensions do you see 1Password X installed? If so, is it active?

• bjornhansell
    bjornhansell
    Community Member

Oh, interesting. I was not aware there are two different chrome extensions and must have installed the wrong one when troubleshooting. Now I have installed 1PasswordX, and everything is back to normal. Problem solved, thanks Lars!

(But I'm curious why anyone would want to use the other Chrome extension ..?)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@bjornhansell:

That's great to hear! I am happy that things are working again :)

(But I'm curious why anyone would want to use the other Chrome extension ..?)

If you have a 1Password Membership, it's a matter of preference. But because 1Password X is only available to 1Password Membership subscribers, for those who use 1Password with a standalone license, the regular Chrome extension is the only option.

This discussion has been closed.