Trying to understand "reused passwords"

kevinm016
kevinm016
Community Member

Just started using 1Password. In Reused Passwords there is a list of 256 passwords.
Q1: What do the numbers "341...." and "411...." at the top left of the sections mean?
Q2: For some sites there are multiple entries. When I click on them and look at the details the only thing that varies is the "website". What does this mean? Why are these reused passwords? Are they just different pages on the same website? If so why are they listed as reused and do I have to do something about them?

If there's a page that explains all of the above please point me to it for future reference. Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kevinm016! Welcome to the forum!

Q1: What do the numbers "341...." and "411...." at the top left of the sections mean?

I am not sure I understand what you are referring to. I don't see any numbers in my 1Password app, so can you please share a screenshot with us so we can make sure we look in the right place?

Q2: For some sites there are multiple entries. When I click on them and look at the details the only thing that varies is the "website". What does this mean? Why are these reused passwords?

This means that you created several login items with the same password, hence the reused password warning. If you use the same password on different websites, 1Password is warning you so you can consider changing them.

• kevinm016
    kevinm016
    Community Member

Thanks. Re Q1, here we go:

Re Q2, that doesn't answer the question which was not a generic one about reused passwords but a specific one referring to the same site with the same login details (please see original description).

• @kevinm016

In the first screenshot what you're seeing in the heading above each section of items is the first three characters of the password that is reused across them. For the second screenshot... if these all have the same credentials I'd recommend deleting all but one. It looks like you've saved the same login multiple times, perhaps as a result of a conflict with a browser's built-in password manager. I'd recommend checking and making sure any such password managers are turned off, which should help avoid that sort of situation in the future:

Turn off the built-in password manager in your browser

Ben

• kevinm016
    kevinm016
    Community Member

Great, thank you.

• You're very welcome. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.