1Password keyboard not working anymore

Philipp
Philipp
Community Member

Hi,
It seems that the 1Password keyboard for fill in is not working with version 7.3.BETA-5.
Please can you have a look on it?
Thanks, Philipp

1Password Version: 7.3.-BETA-5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @Philipp. The 1Password keyboard is still working on my end. Can you let me know what browser or app you're filling into, and if it's a browser, what website?

• Philipp
    Philipp
    Community Member

Hi @peri

I tested it on two devices.

• Nokia 7 plus
    • Samsung A8.
      Both runing on Android 9.

One app where I tried to login with 1Password keyboard, but no reaction...

• Spotify

One websites where I tried to login with Firefox browser and with Firefox beta browser, but no reaction with 1Password keyboard

• Thanks for the info! I want to say first that the 1Password keyboard is no longer in development, as we've deprioritized it in favor of the better filling options that Android provides (Autofill and Accessibility). I do see that filling is not working in the Spotify app or on the Futurezone site using the 1Password keyboard. However, both of these support Autofill, so you should be able to fill your login credentials that way.

Let me know if that helps!

• Philipp
    Philipp
    Community Member

Hi @peri

• Spotify does not support Autofill on my side.
    • Futurezone was an example, but I have more private logins, where Autofill isn't working.
    • The WhatsApp 2-way is still not working anymore since 1,5 year also.

I understand keyboard is not the best solutions (I think so too), but on the other hand Autofill is not working so often, that 1Password with Android will get worse when I have to start copy and paste again.

Maybe you could start a form for your customers where they can sent URLs for non Autofill working websites. It isn't the best solution (from private view) so enter all URLs here.

Thanks, Philipp

• Thanks for the update. For Spotify, can you long press in the login fields, tap the 3 dots in the context menu, and select Autofill from there? I'm able to fill this way.

As to the keyboard, I'll test this out a bit more on my end and report it to our development team, in case there's something that broke in our latest beta build.

• Philipp
    Philipp
    Community Member

Hi @peri
    Yes that works. That was new for me. Before I saw the 1Password bar immediately.
    Thanks, Philipp

• peri
    edited August 2019

Thanks for he follow up, @Philipp. And we have the keyboard issue fixed as well. You should be getting the update soon! :)

• Philipp
    Philipp
    Community Member

Thats great news @peri
    Thanks!!!
    Have a nice weekend

• You too!

This discussion has been closed.