Future request: bring back press key to select a vault

mac4sure
mac4sure
Community Member

Hi,
In a previous version when i pressed a key (first character of vault name) that vault was selected, can you please bring back that function, a real timesaver!
Best,
Michiel

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: 7.3.2
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited August 2019

Hi @mac4sure

I don't recall that feature. Could you please elaborate about how / when it worked? E.g. when you had the 1Password application as the front-most application if you tapped the 'p' key on your keyboard you'd be switched to your 'Personal' vault? At present if you bring the 1Password application forward and start typing that will activate the 1Password search function, which I suspect is a more common use case than switching vaults. Many folks don't even have multiple vaults.

Please let me know. I'd be interested to hear more. :)

Ben

• mac4sure
    mac4sure
    Community Member

Hi, tnx for your reply!
    ok, it worked when I was logged in on the 1P app on Mac OS and hit a key like the letter m, then the first vault with the letter m was selected en showing all of the vault items. This changed when the sidebar with the vaults changed lately. Now I need to use the mouse to go to one of the vaults and select it to see the items of that vault. (i have 57 Vaults at this time)
    Best,
    Michiel

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@mac4sure:

It's not exactly what you are looking for, but if you use Cmd+1, Cmd+2 etc., you will switch to the first, second vault and so on. Thank you also for explaining how this feature worked, I don't remember ever seeing it, but perhaps Ben does :)

This discussion has been closed.