1Password not filling in dropdown menus for "state" field

When using identities to fill in shipping info, etc. 1PW doesn't fill in the dropdown menu for "state." Other forms like "country" are fine.

The last time this happened was creating an account at here. But it's fairly consistent when filling in address forms.

Using Chrome 71.0.3578.98.

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: OS X 10.14.2
Sync Type: icloud
Referrer: forum-search:username field

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @seaneee,

We do have an issue filed and I apologise that it hasn't been given the attention it deserves yet. I shall remind the team that this is still occurring.

ref: xplatform/filling-issues#249

• seaneee
    seaneee
    Community Member

Thank you.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Likewise, thanks for bringing it up -- and the specific example. :)

• Bikr
    Bikr
    Community Member
    edited August 2019

New user of 1Password here and love it so far, but noticed "state" fields don't reliably fill when I choose my Identity. I have my full address filled out in the identity (each address segment on separate lines).

I realize it could be the way the website is coded, but but for the few times I've tried, it has never filled in the State field. I didn't record the prior websites, but here's one I just came across:

PerformanceBike (check out as guest)
    https://www.performancebike.com/checkout/guest

I'll post others as I come across them. I'm using MacOS, Chrome, 1Password extension, all the latest versions as of Aug 13, 2019.

• Bikr
    Bikr
    Community Member

Here's another one…

Pedro's Bicycle Warranty Page (form at bottom of page):
    https://pedros.com/about-us/warranty/

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @Bikr,

Thank you for both of those examples, I've filed reports for both. The fact that 1Password is getting most of the fields right means my first hunch is this is definitely 1Password at fault. In the case of the www.performancebike.com site they've done everything short of use the autocomplete attribute and between the id, name and correctly associated label this shouldn't give 1Password problems yet it clearly fails. There is definite scope for improvement here.

ref: xplatform/filling-issues#665
    ref: xplatform/filling-issues#666

• Bikr
    Bikr
    Community Member

Thanks for the follow up! 👍

A related question:
    When I enter "state" in the address, should I use the two-letter abbreviation or the full state name ("ID" vs "Idaho")?

Wondering if 1Password will do the right thing based on form field type (two-letter drop down vs input/text field). 🤔

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @Bikr,

I would personally enter the full name and expect 1Password to work out if it should use the abbreviation. I believe that is what 1Password ought to be doing and if we found out it wasn't I'd file another report :)

• Bikr
    Bikr
    Community Member

Cool, thanks @littlebobbytables! 👍

I'll enter full state name and see how it goes! 🤞

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Bikr - on behalf of littlebobbytables (who's now off for the day), you're quite welcome! Glad he was able to help -- and thanks again for reporting the issue(s).

• Bikr
    Bikr
    Community Member
    edited September 2019

Here's another site that 1Password couldn't fill the State field:
    https://www.normatecrecovery.com/checkout

Looks like they're using a really customized input field where keyboard accessibility is poor as well (e.g., you can't type "I" to jump to Idaho).

• ag_michaelc
    edited September 2019

Hey @Bikr. Thanks for letting us know about this one as well. 🙂 It does look pretty pesky -- 1Password isn't even able to recognize that as an input, so I'm not sure if we'll be able to resolve this on our end or not, but I've let our developers know either way.

ref: xplatform/filling-issues#685

This discussion has been closed.