When filling out only every second try in chrome

Options
aex
aex
Community Member

Hello everybody, I don't know exactly since when this happens but for some time now the Chrome Extension always jumps into the main view after I try to fill it out unsuccessfully.
I call up a corresponding page, and 1password Extension offers me the right data to fill in, if I click on fill, nothing happens. The window of the extension opens again, but does not suggest the right one anymore. Then I have to close the extension window and click on the Chrome 1password button again to get the right proposal. Sometimes however one must repeat the procedure also several times. This is extremely annoying. I have already removed the extension from Chrome and added it again. No improvement.

Greetings

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/1password-extension-deskt/aomjjhallfgjeglblehebfpbcfeobpgk?hl=de

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.3.2 (70302003) Mac App Store
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: 1password

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@aex: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! Can you tell me which version of Chrome you're using, and if you have "security" software or other extensions installed there that might be interfering? I wonder if the keyboard shortcut -- ⌘ \ -- and/or a clean Chrome profile might help.

• aex
    aex
    Community Member
    Options

Version 76.0.3809.100 (Offizieller Build) (64-Bit)
    what kind of key combination is that? -- ⌘ \ --
    the problem also occurs on all other devices with me.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@aex

what kind of key combination is that? -- ⌘ \ --

Can you please clarify what you mean? Are you looking for instructions on how to use this keyboard shortcut?

Can you please try using this keyboard shortcut and/or a clean Chrome profile, as brenty suggested?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@aex:

But you can also customize it in 1Password for Mac Preferences > General if you wish.

• aex
    aex
    Community Member
    edited August 2019
    Options

i have a german keyboard and don't know this combination at all. what is this key combination supposed to do? i had already deleted the chrome profile and created it again.

Edit:
    ah, in the german version it is ⌘# to fill in automatically.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Ah, that explains it! ⌘ \ is the default keyboard shortcut for "Fill Login" in 1Password for Mac, really handy in the browser when you're on a login page. But since that combination is not convenient for everyone its customizable too. Cheers! :)

• aex
    aex
    Community Member
    Options

same error with keyboard shortcut

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@aex:

Please send us a diagnostics report from this Mac to support+forum@agilebits.com so we can see why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your message!

This discussion has been closed.