Support for iOS shortcuts

maerk
maerk
Community Member

I would love to have support for the iOS Shortcuts app. For example, being able to open a particular entry in 1Password and go straight to the OTP.

Comments

• Hi @maerk,

1Password does have a URL scheme that may (at least partially) allow what you're looking for.

onepassword://search/UUID or title of the item

Opening that link, replacing UUID or title of the item with such, should open 1Password and select the desired item. If you are searching by title you'll need to replace any spaces with %20, e.g.:

onepassword://search/Test%20Doc

I hope that helps!

Ben

• Here's a very small Shortcut app I created to demonstrate:

Ben

• maerk
    maerk
    Community Member

@Ben thanks that's brilliant, works a charm :) Is there an easy way to find the UUID, btw?

• You're welcome. Not on iOS. If you have a Mac you can enable 1Password > Preferences > Advanced > Copy UUID, select the item you want the UUID for, then select Item > Copy UUID.

Ben

• maerk
    maerk
    Community Member

Thanks again @Ben. Just as a headsup to the dev team, sometimes using the URL like this doesn't produce any results. When you clear the search and try again manually, it works as you would expect. 1Password 7.3.6, iPhone 6s, iOS 12.4.1.

• We have seen that a few times @maerk and development has a ticket open to investigate. Thanks for the report!

Ben

ref: apple-4163

• melorama
    melorama
    Community Member

This still consistently doesn’t work on iOS 13.4.1 and 1Password 7.5.2

As has been mentioned, if you try to search using the URL scheme it returns a “Sorry, No Results” message. But if you type the same search term into the field manually, the results display as expected.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2020

@melorama:

We have been able to reproduce this and we have an internal issue open. I have added your feedback to the conversation there :+1:

ref: dev/apple/issues#4499

This discussion has been closed.