Name of Account is Showing up Wrong

jklinephd
jklinephd
Community Member

I love 1Password and have been using it for years individually, though last year I upgraded to Family. I am trying to get my teenager set up and it has been a monumentally frustrating experience.

Sent an invitation. Had the app already downloaded to Win 10. I, as the family manager, did not confirm his invitation until after I was setting up his account. Opened up the app and went through the steps. Then I confirmed his invitation. After the Win 10 app was setup with a master password it now displays my name rather than his name. I am not certain if it is the name of the private vault or if it is the account name. But I cannot figure out how to change it. When the app is opened it displays like the image I have attached (top picture). My Name is Jeff and his is Dylan. You can see that the name on the account name is mine (if I am referring to it incorrectly, but I think it's the account name).

When we go to 1password.com to log in it displays my name as his account name, but his email (second picture in the image).

When I log into his account in 1password.com, it displays his name correctly (see last image in attached image).

So what is going on and what is my name doing associated with his account and how do I change it? Is it the name of the vault? Versions are all latest.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: win 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jklinephd: I think I understand. If you setup the account name when you created it as an individual membership and gave it your name, that would be why it's still called that now, though you have since switched to a family membership. The name is for the membership itself, though each user's name will be listed under that. But you should be able to change it in your settings:

https://start.1password.com/settings/account

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• jklinephd
    jklinephd
    Community Member

That was it. Now it seems obvious, which is why it wasn’t an option in his settings.

Thanks!

• Thanks for the update. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.