Privacy with a family plan.

Options
BikerBob
BikerBob
Community Member

I have a 1Password account for myself and am trying to get my daughter to get a family account for her, her husband, and her two children.

Being the single owner/user, I have one, Primary vault.

If they get a family plan, do they in essence have one copy of 1Password with four vaults?

Would the child at university, for instance, launch 1Password, input the master password, then be able only to open their vault with yet another password???

You know kids: not always reliable and my daughter and husband are worried about them insecurely storing their passwords and someone being able to get into not only the kid's Vault, but the other vaults too.

Hope I have been clear in my question and thanks.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 7.3.2
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @BikerBob!

If they get a family plan, do they in essence have one copy of 1Password with four vaults?

No, every user will be able to download the 1Password app and only see their vaults (two by default: the Private vault and the Shared vault). No user will be able to see any other user's Private vault.

Would the child at university, for instance, launch 1Password, input the master password, then be able only to open their vault with yet another password???

That's correct: each user in the Families account has their own Master Password and vaults.

• michaelk842
    michaelk842
    Community Member
    Options

Forgive me for being slow :-) So if I upgrade to a family plan, my husband will have his own master password, and does not need to use mine to log in first.

• Correct. Each account within the 1Password Families membership will have its own unique Secret Key and Master Password. Once you've set up the membership, and your account within it, you can learn how to invite your family to create their own accounts here:

Share passwords in 1Password Families

Ben

This discussion has been closed.