To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Single vs Family account capabilities

jgreco8054
jgreco8054
Community Member

My wife and I have no secrets from each other regarding accounts, passwords, etc. But we have multiple usernames and passwords for things like Amazon, Wells Fargo, emails, etc, etc. Do we need a family account or is an individual account able to handle this with one 1Password master password?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:do I need a family account for just my wife and I?

Comments

• Hi @jgreco8054

If you and your wife are comfortable sharing a Master Password and all 1Password data then you can share an individual account.

But we have multiple usernames and passwords for things like Amazon, Wells Fargo, emails, etc, etc.

That's fine, just note that if you share an account 1Password won't be able to differentiate between the two of you. You'll have to pick which of these accounts you want to sign into when accessing the websites in question.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• jgreco8054
    jgreco8054
    Community Member

Hi Ben,

If we start with an individual account but then find out that it is inadequate, how much of a hassle is it to upgrade to a family account?

Thanks,
    John

• Not much of a hassle at all if you are billed directly through us. There are a few steps if you are billed through a 3rd party (Apple/Google). It is do-able but requires switching to direct billing.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.