To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

From Mac 6 to Families

ORamr
ORamr
Community Member

We have been using 1Password 6 on our Macs up to last Saturday. My goal is to end up with Families. On 6 I had a vault that I share with my husband and our daughter had a separate vault. On Saturday I installed 7 on my Mac and the information transferred on what turned out to be a personal account. Somehow I missed seeing "Remove Vault" so now I have duplicates on my iPhone, but not on my Mac. I'm not opening the iPad until this is all straightened out and finished. I have other questions on managing the membership and transferring my daughter's vault but I think we should fix one problem at a time. Does that sound right to you? What do I do now?

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Safari 7.3.2, Chrome 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Mac OS 10.14.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ORamr: Thanks for getting in touch! It sounds like you're on the right track, and this shouldn't be too difficult. Just follow the steps at the end of the migration guide to "Set up your other devices" with just your 1Password account:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• ORamr
    ORamr
    Community Member

Thanks. That worked fine. Next, the membership question. What I want is a family account. On Saturday after setting up 7 I noticed that it showed as a personal account. I started to set up a family account and got part way through the process when realized that if I completed it I would have both a family and a personal account which is not what I want. So I stopped. But I had already entered the credit card information. Am I correct that it was not completed and will not bill if I use the "Upgrade to Families" button (which I found much later) to establish our family group?

Also, my daughter had a separate vault on 6. I assume that once she receives her invitation to the family group she would follow the same "Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account" instructions. Is that correct?

Sorry if this seems obvious to you but the possibility of doing the wrong thing stresses me out. I appreciate your help.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ORamr: Any account you setup billing for will be charged unless you cancel it. If you haven't yet migrated your data to the individual membership, it's easy to delete it and use the family membership instead. However, if you have already got all your stuff setup in the individual membership, I'd suggest simply upgrading that one to a family plan instead, and deleting the extra family membership (which will also cancel billing).

If you're sure that you want to delete one of the accounts,
    1. In a web browser, go to https://start.1password.com/support , enter the account's email address, and click "Continue"
    2. Click the blue button in the email you receive to view your account(s)
    3. Click the account you want to delete
    4. Scroll to the bottom of the page, and click "Delete Account" to confirm.

However, if you are not sure, please contact us at support@1password.com with the details so we can help get you sorted. Don't deleting anything if you're not sure it's the right thing to delete. :)

This discussion has been closed.