2FA enabled by itself. I am unable to get the 2FA code

CVZ
CVZ
Community Member

I went to use 1Password on my iPhone as usual.

This time (the first time I have seen anything like this) - it is asking me to 'Enter the six-digit authentication code from your authenticator app for yout Vezey account.' I HAVE NOT SWITCHED ON 2FA so I don't have the authenticator app to get a code.

I can see in my Account in the iPhone app (I have to access it offline) that 2FA is turned off.

So I go to 1password.com to get the QR code for the Authenticator app but I can't log in without a 2FA code!

I'm interested in what has gone wrong but mostly I would like you to tell me:
how I can switch 2FA off everywhere (regardless of the app telling me it is switched off) so I don't get asked for the code?

or how I can authenticate into my 1Password.com account and my iPhone app?

Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:2fa

Comments

• Hi @CVZ

If changes have been made to your account that you did not make I'll need to put you in touch with our security team. They will be reaching out to you via email as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Ben

ref: YVF-35427-796

• CVZ
    CVZ
    Community Member

Thanks Ben. I haven’t received any communication from your security team yet. Meanwhile, I can’t log onto1Password.com and I am using 1Password on my iPhone in off-line mode. I look forward to hearing from them at the earliest convenience. Thanks.

• CVZ
    CVZ
    Community Member

And, of course, any anomalous behaviour with respect to secure access is deeply concerning.

• Yesterday was a holiday and it can take some time to investigate these sorts of situations so I suspect it'll take them a little while to catch up, but we do take these kinds of reports seriously. I'm sure they'll be in touch with you as soon as they can.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.