Where/how does 1password X store its settings?

Hi there,

I use 1password X on multiple machines. When on linux (with Firefox) the settings of the addon are not stored after a reboot.
So every time I login again, I have to update to the newest look, set the session timeout to 99, etcetera.
Where is the addon storing its data?

I have some addons which block stuff, which could perhaps be the cause?
Or perhaps it has to do with Firefox sync, changing the settings back from some stored version?

Kind regards

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.16.0
OS Version: linux
Sync Type: family account

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @wimvmourik! I'm curious if you have anything set up to clear your cache/cookies when you reboot. If you aren't clearing your cache regularly, those settings should be sticking around.

• wimvmourik
    wimvmourik
    Community Member

I think you're hinting at this setting in Firefox, Privacy & Security:
    "Delete cookies and site data when Firefox is closed"

I can see (with WebDeveloper / Storage) that the extension/addon 1PasswordX is storing data as local storage.
    Unfortunately, it seems that local storage data is also deleted when I close Firefox, which I did not except from the name of the setting.

Within Firefox, with 'manage permissions' I can make an exception for a website, but the browser addon does not count as a page, so I cannot whitelist the extension data to be retained.

Any tips are welcome.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@wimvmourik – I don't have many tips on this subject, but I played around with it a bit to see what I could come up with. After selecting to "Delete cookies and site data when Firefox is closed," I realized that I could have that checked and close Firefox without my 1Password X lock settings being messed with.

Since your last post, we also released a new version that got rid of the old design of the pop-up, so no one should be seeing the "Update to the newest look" banner any longer.

• wimvmourik
    wimvmourik
    Community Member

Hi @kaitlyn ,

Thanks for that. I figured out that the settings were being deleted by addon 'Cookie Autodelete' by Kenny Do.
    After disabling that addon, the settings are being kept eventhough Firefox is still set to "Delete cookies and site data when Firefox is closed".

Case closed. Happy user again!

Cheers

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@wimvmourik – That makes perfect sense! I'll keep it in mind if anyone else runs into a similar issue. Thank you for sharing your solution with me. :)

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.