How can I use 1password to fill in my credentials on the Browserstack virtual machines.

Seems like 1password can't access the VM input fields

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:browserstack

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @adiaz! This was posted in the 1Password X category, but I believe you're using 1Password for Windows/Mac and expecting it to follow you to your VM. Could you let me know which OS you're using (without the VM) so I can send this over to the correct category?

• adiaz
    adiaz
    Community Member

Hi, thanks for the response! I am trying to use the 1Password X chrome extension. I'm logging into a VM through Browserstack.com (all within the browser).

I'm running on a mac OS Mojave 10.14.6

• Thanks @adiaz. 1Password isn't going to be able to "see inside" of the VM. You'd have to install 1Password in the web browser in the virtual machine as well in order to have filling there. It looks like you're using Firefox in the VM. You can find 1Password X for Firefox here:

1Password X – Password Manager – Get this Extension for 🦊 Firefox (en-US)

Ben

• adiaz
    adiaz
    Community Member

Thanks for the response. I don't "own" those VMs since they are provided by the browserstack.com service. My access to them is limited, mainly just the ability to load webpages.

Thanks again for the prompt response!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ah, thanks for clarifying! Indeed, it probably wouldn't be good to use 1Password there at all then, since it's a machine -- albeit an virtual one -- that you are not in control of. Even if there's no malice, they may be doing logging that could capture sensitive information. If you do need to login to something in particular, copying and pasting there is a good reminder to change the password afterward if necessary, and at least that would be the only account you need to worry about since you're using a unique password for each. Cheers! :)

• sanjaysungh12
    sanjaysungh12
    Community Member

I wants to use the 1password on this login form... How do I use this please suggest...

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@sanjaysungh12 – Click and drag should work well in that situation. Here's a video showing how it works.

This discussion has been closed.