What is the easiest way to delete many items in a vault?

I want to remove over 200 items from a vault. Is there an easier way to do that than Edit > Trash one item at a time?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:remove item from vault

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hi @gsd0919! That'll be the easiest way to move selected items to the trash in the 1Password web app, but if you have one of our desktop apps, then you'd be able to select multiple items at once. Could you let me know what platform you're on?

• gsd0919
    gsd0919
    Community Member

I tried using the iPad app, but the item list doesn't tell me which vault the item is in. I want to delete items from one vault but not the same items in the other. If I could see the vault identifier, the iPad app would be easy to use for this task.

On my desktop, I use Chrome with Windows 10 Pro. I didn't see how to select multiple items for deletion.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@gsd0919 – Your iPad app should work well! I grabbed my iPad that way I'm seeing the same thing as you. First, you'll want to select which vault you want to delete items from. You can do that by tapping on the icon in the upper left corner, then choosing the correct vault. After that, tap on All Items, then tap Select Items and mark any items you'd like to delete. Once one or more is selected, you'll see Trash appear towards the top. That's what you'll tap when you're ready to delete.

• gsd0919
    gsd0919
    Community Member

This worked well. I was able to do the vaultcleaning that I had in mind.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@gsd0919 – Awesome! I'm really glad to hear that. If anything else comes up, don't hesitate to get in touch. :)

This discussion has been closed.