shared vault not showing up in a confirmed family members account on mac osx

javierrz
javierrz
Community Member

Hello, i have just reset the secret key on my wife's account and after successfully signing in again on the mac osx app, the shared vault is not appearing.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:shared vault not showing up in a confirmed family member account after changing their secret key

Comments

• Hello @javierrz,

The vault is only showing a "Personal" vault for her? I think we may need to look at how the app is set up. Could you send an email to support@1password.com with a screenshot of what she is seeing on her account?

Also include a link to this forum post. Once you get a Support ID please post it here so we can follow up with you as soon as possible.

• sfanale
    sfanale
    Community Member

I am having the same issue??

• Hi @sfanale

Have you confirmed your family member's account? They won't be able to see any shared vaults if they haven't been confirmed yet:

After each account is set up, you’ll receive an email notification. Click the link in the email to confirm each account.

(from https://support.1password.com/family-sharing/ )

Please let me know. :)

Ben

• sfanale
    sfanale
    Community Member

Yes I have. All confirmed. I log in online they can see all their passwords. Log in through the app see nothing

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@sfanale: What vault are their passwords in? It sounds like you've added their data to your own account, not a vault accessible to theirs.

• sfanale
    sfanale
    Community Member
    edited September 2019

Don’t know how that is possible.
    Her account password was reset recently
    I cleared the data from the one password app as it was signed in using her old secret key and wouldn’t let her log in.

Signed back in using the new log in and secret key came up with an empty app and nothing listed in the vault list.

If I log in using her credentials online everything is as it should be ???

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@sfanale: I really don't know what you're saying. Let's forget about your account and focus on hers. :) If she signs into her account at https://start.1password.com is her data there?

• sfanale
    sfanale
    Community Member

All the above is about her account.

I will go through the process again.
    She is a member of my family account.
    We couldn’t log in on the app on the Mac so I recovered her account using my master account.
    She recovered it and we logged in online and she could see all her vaults personal and shared.

I then tried logging in on the Mac app and it wouldn’t let me but I noticed the secret key was different to the one that had just been reset.

Looked online to find out that I had to clear the data on her app

Did that set up the new account using her new credentials but when I logged in to her account there were no vaults in there

I hope that is clearer now

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@sfanale: Thanks for clarifying. It sounds like something still needs to be reset in the app. If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to restart your device, reproduce the same issue, and then generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening there:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@1password.com and add the following Support ID (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending:

[#DZK-96293-686]

If you’re reading this and you are not sfanale, this Support ID is for sfanale only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

This will link it to our current conversation. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: DZK-96293-686

This discussion has been closed.