1Password for Windows does not seem to check for attachment filesize

Manaburner
Manaburner
Community Member

I just create a Document item and attached a 53MB PDF file. The application did allow me do that, however the item was hanging in the "Offline changes" view forever. Then I tried to remove the item, which also did not work, so I reset my local data and started over.
When I try to upload the same PDF in the web application, I am warned that there's a 50MB file size limit.
Having this hint in the Windows application would have saved me some time :)

1Password Version: 7.3.705
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: 1Password.eu

Comments

• Hi @Manaburner,

Thanks for writing in.

How long did you wait before you trash the item?

When I try to upload the same PDF in the web application, I am warned that there's a 50MB file size limit.

That's because the file size limit is only for the web app, there's no file limit in the native apps or elsewhere; technically, the only limit is your 1Password account's storage size, so 1GB for individual for an example.

It may take a while for 1Password to finish uploading your file, I would not recommend trying to delete an item while it is offline.

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT I waited until I did not see anymore upload traffic on my network card.

• Hmm, can you email us your diagnostics report, we'd like to see if there was an error. If there was an error, it'd keep that file in queue to retry on the next sync.

Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT
    sorry for the late reply. I was on Holiday shortly after writing this here and then after returning more or less forgot about it.
    I've now tried to reproduce the problem again, but it did not happen. I suggest I'll come back to you, in case it happens again. I will then create a diagnostics report

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good. Hope you had a great holiday. Cheers! :)

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

@brenty I did. Bali was great :D

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Nice. I gotta go there sometime!

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

Definitely. It was our first visit, but certainly not the last one