unlock 1password without typing every time the master code

Options

hello, it will be great to be able to unlock 1password X with ubico Keys or other auth keys. and that woudl improve a lot the user experience i think.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sandroazerty! Thanks for the suggestion. :) We've been working on something we call Desktop App Integration, which allows users to unlock 1Password X with Touch ID on macOS. It's still in the beta phase, but we're hoping to bring it to additional platforms once macOS is fully complete. If you'd like to learn more about it, you can check out our announcement post here.

• sandroazerty
    sandroazerty
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @kaitlyn

Awesome !!! Thanks. I’m just wondering if I want to try it that’s a beta, am I eligible to the test ? And is there a risk to loose my passwords ?

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sandroazerty – You're absolutely welcome to try the beta, as long as you meet a couple of requirements! We currently only offer Desktop App Integration on macOS. Just to double check, do you use a Mac?

We also only have a 1Password X beta in Chrome at the moment, so you'd have to use Google Chrome or a Chromium-based browser. You'll be able to find the specific steps in the announcement post I linked in my last response, but in short, you'll need the beta for 1Password for Mac as well as the beta for 1Password X.

There isn't a risk of loosing your passwords. The risk would be more like running into a bug every once in a while (that doesn't involve your data being deleted - that's stored safe on the server). We'd love to hear from you in the 1Password X beta forum if you do find something that isn't working as well as it should. We're still making improvements before Desktop App Integration is released to the stable version, so feedback is much appreciated!

• sandroazerty
    sandroazerty
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @kaitlyn I’m gonna try that and let you know in the forum if I meet some bugs in my way.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2019
    Options

@sandroazerty – Sounds good! We'll be here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.