Can't fill a specific page in Firefox Android

This discussion was created from comments split from: Editing Web form details fields [Planned].

Comments

• Dan_Aykroyd
    Dan_Aykroyd
    Community Member

Hi,

Somewhat similar to what was discussed in some comments in the first page, I've found that a banking site works erratically when filling the form, with no way to manually fix it myself (as I can with my current solution, KeePass, which can fill pretty much anything with its formula language).

The site requires a username, password and internet password. On desktop (Safari) works OK, but when trying to fill in mobile (Android Firefox), it only autocompletes the first field. If I click within the 1Password Android app, to open the link and autofill right there (I assume you are using WebView), it successfully fills the three fields, but throws up an SSL certificate error and doesn't move forward. Plus, I don't want to open pages from there; I want to use my main mobile browser for everything (be it Firefox or any other).

Is there any way to troubleshoot/fix this? Why isn't the fill working in Firefox mobile for this specific site?

Thanks.

• Hi @Dan_Aykroyd,

Thanks for writing in. I've split your post from the other thread as web form details is only used by the desktop browser extensions and none of the mobile apps like the Android app, they have their own implementation.

Can you tell us which version of 1Password and Android versions you're using?

Also, can you confirm your saved URL for that item has the proper URL including https://?

• Dan_Aykroyd
    Dan_Aykroyd
    Community Member

Hi Mike, thanks for taking the time to address this.

I'm using Android 9 on a Galaxy Note 8 with 1Password at it's latest version; downloaded from the Play Store (7.2).

The saved URL is fully-typed, with the "https://" prefix. Another thing I noticed, in Chrome for Android, that page won't even show the "Autofill with 1Password" message when clicking on its fields.

So, I have three different behaviors so far:

• Firefox autofills on the first field
    • Chrome doesn't show the autofill prompt
    • Built-in 1Password browser (WebView?) autofills OK but doesn't allow to continue browsing because of SSL errors (nor would I want to use WebView and navigate all my sites by initiating the navigation from within 1Password)

Do you have any ideas of what might be going on? Is there any way in which I can adjust mapping of DOM fields vs. what 1Passwords looks to for autofilling? (that would be useful not only for mobile but for desktop use cases too, with troublesome login forms)

Thanks again.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Dan_Aykroyd: What's the URL? I'll be happy to test it to see if there's a solution, workaround, or something we can improve in a future version of 1Password for Android. :)

• Dan_Aykroyd
    Dan_Aykroyd
    Community Member

Hi Brenty,

Can I send it through an e-mail or private message?

I actually found another one, from a local payments site. It has a field from where you have to select which bank do you have an account with, but it doesn't seem to be an standard list control and, when saving that login, all the fields get captured; except that, in the webform information; hence autofill doesn't work because it's not selecting the bank in said field.

Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Dan_Aykroyd: Sure! Shoot me an email at support@1password.com and please include a link to this discussion for context. I'll be happy to investigate. :)

• Dan_Aykroyd
    Dan_Aykroyd
    Community Member

Hi Brenty, I hope you are doing well.

Sorry for the extremely late reply! I've been traveling a lot and completely forgot about this. I've just sent the two websites to that support e-mail address, with mention to this thread, for follow up.

Thanks again for your support.

• Hi @Dan_Aykroyd, I've found your message and I'll respond to you there, thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.