1Password X Dropdown Shortcut Issue with the New UI

Options

Since 1.16.1 has forcefully kicked everyone to the new UI and there is no way in Chrome at least to disable updates when sideloading 1.15.6, here is my feedback from use:

1. The shortcut to open the dropdown category list doesn't work all the time. After pressing tab, the shortcut refuses to work anymore. In order to open the category pane afterwards, you have to tab back over to it and press enter and most times it's just easier to close it completely, open it, and hit the shortcut again, which is silly. I primarily open 1Password X with the keyboard shortcut, so an efficient keyboard flow is a must and months later, this dropdown is still inferior to the prior, easy to use, totally intuitive category sidepane... :(

2. The lack of separation between categories in the Suggestions list still makes scanning the list hard. I know you've already refused to add back in the headers Credit Cards and Logins from the previous version, but just throwing it out there that this still sucks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the valuable feedback, @andmade. I was able to reproduce the issue with the dropdown menu not opening consistently with the Command - ↓/Ctrl + ↓ keyboard shortcut. From what I can tell, it's required that search is selected in order for that specific keyboard shortcut to work properly. I went ahead and got this on my teams' radar so we can look at how we can be more consistent. In the meantime, you can use the shortcut Command - F/Ctrl + F to select search, then use the Command - ↓/Ctrl + ↓ shortcut to open the dropdown. Another alternative is closing the 1Password X popup and reopening it, like you mentioned.

I haven't personally found it difficult to scan the Suggestions list since each item has different icons, but I do see where you're coming from. As of right now, Logins will always appear at the top of Suggestions prior to Credit Cards and then Identities. Since Credit Cards and Identities have different icons, I've used that as my marker to indicate which item is which. Are you looking for an additional divider to separate each category? I do think headers would take up valuable space in the sidebar, but I could see the benefit of having a bolder line of some sort. How would you feel about that?

ref: xplatform/xplatform#61

ref: x/b5x#1219

This discussion has been closed.